Boise State Travels to Air Force
Broncos will be looking to turn the corner this weekend when they face the Falcons on the road.
Feb. 10, 2017
NEXT UP FOR THE BRONCOS
Boise State Notes
Follow the Broncos On Social Media
QUICK GAME PREVIEW
- The Game: The Broncos (15-7, 5-6 MW) are on the road this Saturday to play Air Force (3-18, 1-10 MW) at 2 p.m. (MT) in Clune Arena at Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Next Up: Boise State will return home next Wednesday when the Broncos host the New Mexico Lobos at 7 p.m. (MT) in Taco Bell Arena.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women’s games throughout the season. Chris Lewis is in his fourth season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can also listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
- Watch Live: The game will be broadcast live on the internet via the Mountain West Network on BroncoSports.com.
- The Broncos are tied for seventh place in the Mountain West standings at 5-6 after a 65-63 road loss last Saturday at Utah State ... Boise State, who is coming off a bye this past Wednesday, is 15-7 overall.
- Brooke Pahukoa leads Boise State on the year averaging 13.5 points per game (8th MW) ... Shalen Shaw, who has missed three straight games, adds 10.7 points (17th MW) and team-high 7.1 rebounds (11th MW) per game ... Marijke Vanderschaaf chips in 9.8 points and 6.3 rebounds per game.
- On the year Boise State is second in the Mountain West in scoring offense averaging 70.3 points per game while shooting 40 percent (5th MW) from the floor and 33.1 percent (5th MW) from behind the arc.
- Air Force is coming off a pair of defeats last week to Fresno State (72-56) and Wyoming (73-41), followed by a loss this past Wednesday at New Mexico (81-64).
- Mariah Forde leads the Falcons on the year averaging 10.5 points (18th MW) per game ... Kailin Davis adds 9.5 points per game.
- On the year Air Force is averaging 53.6 points (11th MW) per game, while allowing 68.6 ppg (8th MW) ... the Falcons shoot 33.8 percent (11th MW) from the floor as a team and 30 percent (8th MW) from beyond the arc.
- This will be the first meeting of the year between the two and 12th all-time in the series which the Broncos lead 10-1.
BRONCO FASTBREAK NOTES
- The Broncos are 5-6 in conference play following a 65-63 road loss at Utah State last Saturday when the Aggies hit a buzzer beater for the win.
- Boise State is now 15-7 overall, 11-2 at home in Taco Bell Arena and 4-5 on the road this season.
- During league play the Broncos have been a much different team at home than they have been on the road ... Boise State is 4-2 at home winning by 7.2 points per game, while it is 1-4 on the road and losing by an average of 3.4 points per game.
- On the year, Boise State has a balanced offensive attack and has had three or more players reach double-figure scoring in 15 of 22 games ... they are 13-2 in those 15 contests.
- The balanced attack includes 10 players having scored double-digit points this season, eight have led the team in scoring at least once ... no one has led the team in scoring more than seven times (Brooke Pahukoa).
- The Broncos currently have two players averaging double-digit points led by Brooke Pahukoa (13.5 ppg) followed by Shalen Shaw (10.7 ppg) ... five players average 8.2 or more points per game.
- Four Broncos have reached double-digit points at least 10 times each and a total of six have had five or more with a high of 12 by Shaw and Brooke Pahukoa.
- Boise State is fifth in the MW for 3-point percentage as a team at .331 ... they are 47th in the nation for total 3-pointers made at 173 and 37th nationally for 3-pointers made per game at 7.9.
- Defensively, Boise State ranks second in the MW and is 27th nationally in 3-point defense holding opponents to 27.6 percent from beyond the arc.
- The Broncos started the season off at 12-1 overall which tied for the best start in program history after 13 games, since the 1974-75 squad set the school record at 12-0 before dropping to 12-1 ... the 1971-72 and 1973-74 teams also went 12-1.
- Boise State just completed its best pre-conference campaign in program history at 10-1.
- Winter Chill, Boise State shot 38.8 percent from 3-point range in nonconference play to lead the MW and rank 17th nationally, since Christmas and the start of league the Broncos have struggled shooting a chilly 27.1 percent to rank 10th in the MW (conference games).
- Head coach Gordy Presnell hit the 600 career wins milestone against Portland (Dec. 18), Presnell is the 32nd coach in NCAA DI history to hit the mark ... he now has 606 wins.
- Brooke Pahukoa leads the team and ranks eighth in the MW for points per game at 13.5 ... she has 12 games in double-digit points (tied for first on team), six with 20-plus, including 21 at New Mexico (Jan. 18) and 23 versus San Jose State (Jan. 21).
- Brooke Pahukoa has moved into 10th all-time (1,200) for career points at Boise State, 61 (1,261) short of tying for ninth.
- Brooke Pahukoa is ninth in the MW for 3-point percentage at .362 and is eighth in the league for 3-pointers per game at 1.9.
- Shalen Shaw is second on team and 17th in MW for scoring at 10.7 points per game ... she leads the team and is 11th in MW for rebounds at 7.1 per game.
- Shaw tallied a team-high eight rebounds against Concordia (Dec. 7) to reach the 500 career rebounds milestone ... she currently stands at 582 to rank 15th all-time at Boise State, 10 short of sole possession of 14th and 13 short of 12th.
- Shaw ranks fourth among active players this year in the MW for career double-doubles with 14, two this season.
- Yaiza Rodriguez has dished out nine or more assists in six contests to date and six or more in 12 games ... she has three with 10-plus.
- Rodriguez is second in the MW and 18th nationally in assists per game at 6.3.
- Rodriguez set the school’s career assists record earlier this fall at 452 and has since stretched it out to 563.
- Rodriguez is now fourth in MW history for career assists at 563.
- Marijke Vanderschaaf is averaging 6.3 rebounds per game (2nd on team / 17th MW) and has 13 games with six or more boards ... she had a career-high 11 in win at Colorado State (Dec. 31).
- Vanderschaaf is averaging 9.8 points per game and has scored double-figure points in 10 contests including a career-high 22 at San Diego State (Jan. 7) and team-high 20 in the win over Wyoming (Jan. 28).
- Joyce Harrell earned her first career start in the win over Wyoming (Jan. 28) tallying four points, a team-high seven rebounds, as well as a team and career-high four blocks.
- Harrell led Boise State in her second career start versus Colorado State (Feb. 1) tallying a team and career-high 13 points to go with a team high and career-tying eight rebounds.
- Jordan Woodvine has been coming on lately for the Broncos and is averaging 8.7 points and 2.8 rebounds in 15.7 minutes per game over the last five contests.