Broncos Look for Road Break Through at Air Force
Boise State is looking to change its road fortunes against the Falcons after dropping three straight away from Boise.
Brooke Pahukoa has led the Broncos in the last two contests.
Feb. 10, 2015
- Boise State (14-7, 6-4 MW) at Air Froce (2-21, 1-11 MW)
- Feb. 11, 2015 at 7 p.m. (Mountain Time)
- USAFA, Colo. (Clune Arena)
- 10th Meeting in Series
- Game: The Broncos (14-7, 6-4 MW) look to snap a three-game road losing streak when they travel to play at Air Force Wednesday night at Colorado Springs, Colo., at 7 p.m. in Clune Arena.
- Next Up: Boise State will return home to host league leading Fresno State (17-4, 9-1 MW) at 2 p.m. on Saturday in Taco Bell Arena ... it will be the team’s annual “Pink” game in recognition of breast cancer awareness.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women’s games this season. Chris Lewis returns for his second season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
SETTING THE SCENE
- Preseason MW Poll: The preseason coaches/media poll selected Boise State to place second in this year’s league race, while picking Air Force 11th.
- Boise State’s Record: The Broncos are currently 14-7 overall and 6-4 in MW play, good for fourth place.
- Recently for Boise State: The Broncos have gone 3-3 over the last six games winning three at home and dropping three on the road ... last week they defeated Utah State (Feb. 4) 94-55 in Boise, then lost 57-40 at San Diego State (Feb. 7).
- Air Force’s Record: The Falcons enter the game at 2-21 on the year and 1-11 in league play.
- Recently for Air Force: The Falcons are coming off three consecutive losses to UNLV (91-79), at New Mexico (69-46) and at Wyoming (74-51).
- Boise State at Home: The Broncos are 10-1 at home in 2014-15 and are 12-1 in their last 13 games ... they went 11-4 in Taco Bell Arena last year and are now 282-145 (.660 pct.) all-time in facility.
- Boise State on the Road: The Broncos have struggled on the road this year and are now 4-6 away from Boise in 2014-15 ... they have lost three straight away from Boise 88-78 at San Jose State (Jan. 21), at Colorado State (Jan. 28) and at San Diego State last Saturday (Feb. 7).
- Air Force at Home: The Falcons are 2-8 at home this season.
- Air Force on the Road: AFA has struggled away from Clune Arena this year going 0-13.
- Bronco Leaders: In MW games, Deanna Weaver leads the team at 13.8 points (MW 8th) and 4.5 rebounds per game, on the year she leads the MW in 3-point percentage at .449 (NCAA 11th) ... Brooke Pahukoa is second in scoring during league games averaging 10.9 ppg, Miquelle Askew follows at 8.5 ppg ... Camille Redmon leads on the glass at 7.4 rebounds per game (MW 7th).
- Falcon Leaders: In MW games, Jimi Blagowsky leads the Falcons at 14.5 points per game (MW 7th) ... Lindsey Lewis is next at 12.3 ppg (MW 11th) ... Cortney Porter adds 11.9 ppg (MW 12th).
- Boise State as a Team: Offensively, Boise State is averaging 73 points (MW 2nd/NCAA 42nd) and a league-best 73.6 ppg during MW action ... Defensively, the Broncos are fourth in the league allowing 61.3 points per game and 65.1 points per game (MW 7th) in conference play ... on the year the Broncos out score and out rebound opponents by league-best +11.7 and +6.1 per game, respectively.
- Air Force as a Team: Offensively, the Falcons are averaging 54.5 points per game (MW 11th) on the year and 57 ppg (MW 10th) in league play ... Defensively, they are allowing 77.2 ppg (MW 10th) this season and 75.6 (MW 11th) during the MW campaign.
- The Coaches: Andrea Williams is now in her fifth season as head coach at Air Force where she is 22-121, her career mark is 34-156 in seven years. Gordy Presnell is in his 10th season at Boise State where he is 168-134 and 564-261 in his 28th season all-time.
- All-Time Record: This is the 10th meeting all-time between the Falcons and Broncos with Boise State leading 8-1.
- Current Streak: Boise State has won three straight in the series.
- Series at AFA: Boise State leads the series in games played at the Air Force Academy 3-1.
- MW Series: Boise State leads the conference series 6-1 since the Broncos joined the league for the 2011-12 campaign.
- Mountain West Conference: Boise State is 106-84 all-time against the current membership of the Mountain West; however, they are 27-29 in MW contests.
BRONCO QUICK HITS
TOP 50 NATIONALLY
- Team: Boise State is ranked in the top 50 nationally in six different statistical categories: 8th in 3-pointers made per game (8.7), 13th in 3-point percentage (.372), 20th in assists per game (16.9), 33rd in scoring margin (+11.7), 42nd in scoring (73.0) and 43rd in rebound margin (+6.1).
- Weaver: Deanna Weaver is currently ranked 11th in 3-point percentage (.449) and 53rd in 3-pointers per game (2.5).
- Redmon: Camille Redmon is 42nd nationally in blocks per game (2.3).
- Ranking: Boise State is averaging 73 points per game to rank second in MW and 42nd nationally ... they lead the MW during conference play at 73.6 ppg, five more points per game than second-place San Jose State at 68.4 ppg.
- 80-Plus: The Broncos have scored 80-plus points eight times this year ... the last time was 94 points against Utah State (Feb. 4) ... they reached that mark five times last year.
- 70-Plus: The Broncos have scored 70-plus points 13 times this season and are 11-2 in those contests ... they loss 88-78 at San Jose State (Jan. 21) and 83-82 at Colorado State (Jan.28) ... when scoring below 70 the Broncos are 3-5.
- Record Pace: The Broncos scoring average of 73 points per game currently ranks fourth in program history.
The Last Meeting
January 24, 2015