Feb. 9, 2016
Colorado State (20-1, 10-0 MW) at Boise State (16-6, 9-2 MW)
- Facts: Wednesday, Feb. 10 | 7 p.m. (Mountain) | Boise, Idaho (Taco Bell Arena)
- Parking: Free parking is available in the Albertsons Stadium Parking Lots
- Admission: Adults: $6 | Senior Citizens (62 YOA): $4 | Youth: $4 | Boise State Students: Free with student ID card
- Live Video | Live Audio | Live Stats | Twitter
PROMOTION(S): This is the Broncos' "Pink Game" - Wear pink to support breast cancer awareness and receive $3 admission. YMCA Night - local YMCA teams invited to join us at the game.
- The Game: Boise State (16-6, 9-2 MW) winner of eight straight is home Wednesday night against league leading Colorado State (20-1, 10-0 MW) and winner of 17 straight ... tip is schedule for 7 p.m. (Mountain) in Taco Bell Arena.
- Big Game: This maybe the final chance the third-place Broncos have of getting back into the Mountain West regular season championship race as the Rams are two games up on Boise State in the standings ... Fresno State is in second-place at 9-1.
- Last Time: Boise State lost by four 68-64 in the MW opener at Colorado State on Jan. 2 ... the Broncos had a chance to tie it with five seconds left but came up short ... Yaiza Rodriguez Ortego scored a season-high 19 points to lead the Broncos, while Shalen Shaw added her second of eight double-doubles this season on 15 points and 12 rebounds.
- Next Up: The Broncos will hit the road for a Saturday afternoon encounter in Laramie, Wyo., versus the Wyoming Cowgirls (11-11, 4-8 MW) at 2 p.m. (Mountain).
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women's games this season. Chris Lewis returns for his third season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can also listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
Colorado State | Wednesday, Feb. 10 | Boise, Idaho
Colorado State Scouting Report
- Record: The Rams sit atop the MW standings at 20-1 overall and 10-0 in league ... they have won 17 straight which includes a CSU record tying eight consecutive wins on the road ... last week they defeated San Diego State at home 70-54, before hitting the road to win 64-37 at Nevada.
- Preseason Poll: The Rams were picked to repeat as conference champions in the preseason MW coaches'/media poll.
- CSU Leaders: Jamie Patrick leads the Rams averaging 12.1 points (t-12 MW) per game ... Ellen Nystrom adds 10.3 points (20th MW) and 5.0 assists (3rd MW) per game.
- Colorado State as a Team: On the year, the Rams are averaging 68.5 points (4th MW) per game and allow 51.1 (1st MW / 8th NCAA) ... CSU is shooting 43.7 percent (1st MW) from the floor, 31.4 percent (3rd MW) from 3-point range and 70 percent (4th MW) from the free-throw line ... defensively, Colorado State holds opponents to 33.1 percent (1st MW) from the floor and 26.4 percent (1st MW) from beyond the arc.
Boise State Scouting Report
- Record: The Broncos enter the game at 16-6 overall and 9-2 in MW play, third place ... they have won eight straight, the longest win streak since joining the MW for the 2011-12 season ... most recently the Broncos defeated New Mexico (Jan. 30) 81-60 and Utah State (Feb. 3) 63-58, both on the road, before defeating Air Force (Feb. 6) 61-48 in Boise.
- Bronco Leaders: Boise State is led by Brooke Pahukoa, last week's MW Player of the Week, averaging 15.8 points (4th MW) and 5.4 rebounds (17th MW) per game ... Shalen Shaw averages 13.3 points (8th MW) and team-high 9.0 rebounds (2nd MW) per game, she leads the MW in league contests averaging 11 rebounds per game ... Miquelle Askew adds 13.2 points (9th MW) and 5.3 rebounds (t-18th MW) per game.
- As a Team: Boise State averages 70.2 points (2nd MW) per game on the year and is shooting 43.1 percent (2nd MW) from the floor, 33 percent (1st MW) from the 3-point arc and 74.5 percent (1st MW / 28th NCAA) from the free-throw line ... defensively, the Broncos are holding teams to 60.9 points per game (5th MW) on 37.9 percent (5th MW) shooting from the floor and 27.7 percent (3rd MW) from beyond the arc.
- Preseason Poll: Boise State who went 22-11 overall and 11-7 (4th) in the Mountain West Conference during 2014-15 was picked to place third out of 11 teams in this year's MW preseason poll.
- MW Champs: Boise State won the 2015 MW Tournament and advanced to the NCAA first round where the Broncos fell 72-61 at Tennessee.
- Record: This is the 12th meeting all-time between the two programs ... the Rams hold a 7-4 advantage overall and a 7-1 lead in the MW regular-season series.
- In Boise: Colorado State leads the series 3-2 in games played at Boise ... last time they met in Boise on Dec. 31, 2014, the Broncos won 75-65.
- Boise State vs. Mountain West: The Broncos are 123-90 all-time versus the current membership of the Mountain West Conference.
BRONCO FASTBREAK HITS
- Boise State has won eight straight which is the longest win streak since the Broncos joined the Mountain West for 2011-12.
- The eight game win streak is the longest in conference play since the 2007-08 Western Athletic Conference Championship season when the Broncos won 14 straight.
- The school record for longest win streak overall is 15, accomplished three times with the most recent coming during the 2007-08 WAC championship run.
- Miquelle Askew scored 23 points last week versus Utah State and Air Force to move into ninth-place on the Boise State career scoring list with 1,192 points.
- Miquelle Askew grabbed five rebounds against Air Force to move into 15th on the career list with 553 ... she needs 39 to move into 14th.
- Shalen Shaw recorded her eighth double-double of the season in the win over Air Force with 15 points and 11 rebounds, both team highs ... her seven double-doubles in league play is a conference best.
- Shalen Shaw has recorded 10 or more rebounds in 10 of the last 12 games with 11 against both Utah State and Air Force last week.
- Boise State is a +13.5 in scoring during the current eight-game win streak.
- During the streak Boise State has played 320 minutes, of that the Broncos have trailed for only 48:05.
- Of the 48:05 that the Broncos have trailed 26:49 came at San Jose State, meaning in the other seven contests combined they have trailed for only 21:16 of 280 minutes.
- Boise State has lost six games this season, all by five points or less and by a combined total of 21 points ... twice by two points, once by three, once by four and twice by five.
- In the pair of two point losses the Broncos had chances to tie or win with last second shots.
- The Broncos are 3-6 this year in games decided by five points or less.
PAHUKOA EIGHTH NATIONALLY FROM THE ARC
- Brooke Pahukoa leads the MW in 3-point percentage hitting 45.5 percent, eighth nationally.
- She has been ranked as high as second on Jan. 17th (49.4 pct.) and Feb. 2 (47.7 pct.) for 3-point percentage.
- She is in range to potentially break the school season record of 46.9 percent set by Missy Dallas (38-of-81) during the 1987-88 season.
- The MW record for a season is 50.4 percent (69-of-137) by Julie Larsen of Utah in 2005-06.
BRONCOS ARE 28TH IN NCAA
- As a team the Broncos lead the MW and are ranked 28th in the nation for free throw percentage at 74.5 percent.
- If the season was over today that would be a new Boise State record, the current high is 74.2 percent in 2011-12.