Boise State Travels to Wyoming
Boise State (10-11, 3-5 MW) closes the week on the road at Wyoming (17-4, 6-2 MW) on Saturday afternoon in Laramie.
WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS WEEK
- Boise State (10-11, 3-5 MW) closes the week on the road at Wyoming (17-4, 6-2 MW) on Saturday afternoon in Laramie.
- Entering the second round of conference games the Wyoming Cowgirls are third in the league standings, while the Broncos are tied for sixth.
- Next on Boise State's schedule is a home game next Saturday against the New Mexico Lobos (12-9, 4-4 MW) in the lone contest of the week.
THE LAST TIME - January 9
- All-Time Record: Saturday's game will be the 11th regular season meeting all-time in the series between the two programs with Boise State holding a slim 6-4 advantage.
- All-Time Series Note: Neither team has ever won on the other's home floor; Boise State is 5-0 in Taco Bell Arena while Wyoming is 4-0 in Arena Auditorium, Boise State is 1-0 on a neutral floor.
- Last Year: These two split the series during 2012 in Boise State's first season as a MW member; Wyoming won in Laramie 84-64, while Boise State won in Boise 61-53.
QUICK LOOK AT BOISE STATE
- Result: Boise State rallied from four-down with two minutes to go to win the first encounter of the year with the Cowgirls 70-68 in Boise on Jan. 9 in Taco Bell Arena.
- Key Basket: Lauren Lenhardt's 3-pointer with 20 seconds remaining propelled Boise State to the victory in a thriller during the Mountain West opener for both teams.
- Bronco Leaders: Brandi Henton led the Broncos with a career-high 21 points, while Lenhardt added her fifth double-double of the year on 18 points and 10 rebounds.
- Cowgirl Leaders: Kayla Woodward led the UW with 25 points to go with 11 rebounds. Three other Wyoming players reached double digit points led by Kaitlyn Mileto with 15 points, followed by Chaundra Sewell and Ashley Sickles with 13 each.
QUICK LOOK AT WYOMING
- The Record: The Broncos enter the game at 10-11 overall and 3-5 in MW play. They are 7-5 at home, 2-5 on the opponents' floor and 1-1 on neutral courts.
- The Broncos at Home: The Broncos are 7-5 in home (3-2 MW) games this year at Taco Bell Arena. They finished last year 10-7 overall at home, their all-time mark is now 261-137 (.656 pct.) since the facility opened in the fall of 1982.
- The Broncos on the Road: Boise State is 3-6 away (0-3 MW) from Boise this year. Its last road game was a 75-61 defeat at UNLV last Saturday (Feb. 2).
- Recently for Boise State: The Broncos have dropped thee games in a row for the first time since November with a 64-40 home loss to San Diego State on Wednesday, preceded by a 57-56 loss to Colorado State on Jan. 30 in Boise and the 75-61 loss at UNLV.
- Leading the Broncos: Boise State is led by senior forward Lauren Lenhardt ranked fifth in the MW averaging 15.0 points and 7.2 rebounds (4th MW) per game on the year. She currently ranks fifth the MW in scoring during league contests at 15.8 ppg and is a three-time MW Player of the Week honoree this season. Junior guard Brandi Henton adds 11 ppg in league games.
- As a Team: The Broncos average 62.2 points per game to rank sixth in the league, while allowing 65.2 ppg (6th MW), they rank fourth in rebound offense averaging 40.4 rpg.
- The Coach: Gordy Presnell is in his eighth season at Boise State where he is 135-105 (.563 pct.), 531-232 (.696 pct.) in 25+ seasons all-time. Presnell is 3-3 all-time against Wyoming.
- Wyoming's Record: The Cowgirls enter the game with the conference's best overall mark at 17-4, but are third in the MW rankings with a 6-2 mark. They are 10-0 at home, 6-4 on the opponents' home court and 1-0 on neutral floors.
- Recently for the Cowgirls: Wyoming has won four straight games and six of its last seven contests. They did not play on Wednesday but swept a pair of games last week defeating New Mexico 72-54 on the road, then Colorado State 82-67 in Laramie its last time out..
- Leading the Cowgirls: On the year, Kayla Woodward leads the Cowgirls averaging 14.9 points (6th MW) and 6.1 rebounds (t-11 MW) per game, followed by Chaundra Sewell at 14.8 ppg (7th MW) and league-best 9.5 rebounds per game.
- As a Team: Wyoming brings to the game the top ranked scoring offense in the MW averaging 72.9 points per game, while allowing a MW second-best 58.4 ppg. On the glass the Cowgirls are second in rebound offense averaging 42 boards per game and are ranked first on the defensive side holding opponents to 33.2 rpg.
- The Coach: Joe Legerski is in his 10th season at Wyoming where he is 189-111 (.630 pct.), his career mark is the same. Legerski is 3-4 all-time versus Boise State.
MOUNTAIN WEST PRESEASON POLL
BRONCOS Vs. MOUNTAIN WEST
- The Mountain West Preseason Poll is a combined coaches and media poll. Boise State was picked to place seventh, while Wyoming was projected to place fourth in the 2013 league race.
- Versus MW All-time: Boise State is 59-48 (55.1 pct.) all-time versus the current membership of the Mountain West.
- All-Time in MW Games: The Broncos are 8-14 all-time in MW games after going 5-9 last year in their first season as members of the MW. However, they are now 8-12 against the current membership in MW games entering the year since the departure of TCU.
- All-Time in Home Games: The Broncos are 6-6 all-time in home MW games.
- All-Time in Road Games: The Broncos are 2-9 all-time in road MW games.