Broncos on the Road to Face San Diego State
Boise State will take on the Aztecs at 3 p.m. (MT) Saturday in San Diego.
Deanna Weaver is 8th nationally 3-point percentage.
Feb. 6, 2015
- Boise State (14-6, 6-3 MW) at San Diego State (8-13, 5-5 MW)
- Feb. 7, 2015 at 3 p.m. (Mountain Time)
- San Diego, Calif. (Viejas Arena)
- 8th Meeting in Series
- Game: The Broncos (14-6, 6-3 MW) hit the road for a 3 p.m. (Mountain) encounter Saturday afternoon with the San Diego State Aztecs (8-13, 5-5 MW) in Viejas Arena at San Diego.
- Next Up: Boise State will travel again next Wednesday when its takes on Air Force at 7 p.m. (Mountain) in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women’s games this season. Chris Lewis returns for his second season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
SETTING THE SCENE
- Preseason MW Poll: The preseason coaches/media poll selected Boise State to place second in this year’s league race, while picking San Diego State seventh.
- Boise State’s Record: The Broncos are currently 14-6 overall and 6-3 in MW play, good for fourth place.
- Recently for Boise State: The Broncos have gone 3-2 over the last five games alternating wins ... last week they played once, a 83-82 loss at Colorado State (Jan. 28) ... this past Wednesday (Feb. 4) they defeated Utah State 94-55 in Boise.
- San Diego State’s Record: The Aztecs enter the game at 8-13 on the year and 5-5 in league play.
- Recently for San Diego State: The Aztecs are coming off a sweep in their last two contests winning at Utah State (Jan. 31) 70-59 then returned home to down Nevada 57-49 on Wednesday (Feb. 4).
- Boise State at Home: The Broncos are 10-1 at home in 2014-15 and are 12-1 in their last 13 games ... they went 11-4 in Taco Bell Arena last year and are now 282-145 (.660 pct.) all-time in facility.
- Boise State on the Road: The Broncos have struggled on the road this year and are now 4-5 away from Boise in 2014-15 ... they have lost two straight away from Boise 88-78 at San Jose State (Jan. 21) and at Colorado State (Jan. 28).
- San Diego State at Home: The Aztecs are 5-5 at home this season.
- San Diego State on the Road: SDSU has struggled away from Viejas Arena this year going 3-8.
- Bronco Leaders: In MW games, Deanna Weaver leads the team at 14.9 points (MW 7th) and 4.4 rebounds per game, on the year she leads the MW in 3-point percentage at .461 (NCAA 8th) ... Brooke Pahukoa is second in scoring during league games averaging 11.1 ppg, Miquelle Askew follows at 8.8 ppg, Camille Redmon leads on the glass at 8.0 rebounds per game (MW 3rd).
- Aztec Leaders: In MW games, Erimma Amarikwa leads SDSU at 13.4 points (MW 10th) and 7.4 rebounds (MW 8th) per game, both team highs ... McKynzie Fort is next in scoring at 10.7 ppg.
- Boise State as a Team: Offensively, Boise State is averaging 74.7 points (MW 2nd/NCAA 36th) and a league-best 77.3 ppg during MW action ... Defensively, the Broncos are fourth in the league allowing 61.5 points per game and 66 points per game (MW 7th) in conference play ... on the year the Broncos out score and out rebound opponents by +13.1 and +7.1 per game, respectively.
- San Diego State as a Team: Offensively, the Aztecs are averaging 56.3 points per game (MW 10th) on the year and 55.8 ppg (MW 10th) in league play ... Defensively, they are allowing 62.9 ppg (MW 6th) this season and 56.2 (MW 3rd) during MW campaign.
- Note on 3-Point Arc: Boise State is eighth nationally in 3-pointers made per game at 8.9 and 11th in 3-point percentage at .380, both MW highs ... in league games the Broncos are averaging 10.2 made per contests and are shooting 42.4 percent from the arc ... this past Wednesday Boise State tied the school record for 3-pointers in a game with 15 against Utah State and has a total of 92 in MW play, San Diego State has made a total of 18 3-pointers in league play this year.
- The Coaches: Stacie Terry is now in her second season as head coach at San Diego State where she is 21-30, her career mark is the same. Gordy Presnell is in his 10th season at Boise State where he is 168-133 and 564-260 in his 28th season all-time.
- All-Time Record: This is the eighth meeting all-time between the Aztecs and Broncos with San Diego State holding an 6-1 advantage in the series.
- Current Streak: The Aztecs have won one game in the current streak.
- Series in San Diego: San Diego State is 4-0 in games play at Viejas, 3-0 in MW play.
- MW Series: SDSU leads the MW series 5-1 over Boise State.
- Mountain West Conference: Boise State is 106-83 all-time against the current membership of the Mountain West; however, they are 27-28 in MW contests.
The Last Meeting
|San Diego State||75
February 5, 2014
San Diego, Calif.
Broncos Fall 75-65 at San Diego State
Despite Tonishia Childress' career-high 18 points Boise State fell 75-65 at San Diego State Wednesday night in a Mountain West Conference women's basketball game in Viejas Arena at San Diego.