Boise State Hosts MW Leading San Diego State
Boise State (10-10, 3-4 MW) opens the week by hosting Mountain West co-leader San Diego State (15-5, 6-1 MW) on Wednesday night at 7 p.m. (Mountain) in Taco Bell Arena.
San Diego State (15-5, 6-1 MW) at Boise State (10-10, 3-4 MW)
Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2013, at 7 p.m. (Mountain)
Boise, Idaho (Taco Bell Arena)
Radio: KTIK AM 1350 (Play-by-Play: Chris King)
Live Audio and Video WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS WEEK
- Boise State (10-10, 3-4 MW) opens the week by hosting Mountain West co-leader San Diego State (15-5, 6-1 MW) on Wednesday night at 7 p.m. (Mountain) in Taco Bell Arena.
- Following Wednesday's contest the Broncos will start the second half of conference play on the road at third-place Wyoming (17-4, 6-2 MW) Saturday afternoon in Laramie, tip is scheduled for 2 p.m. (Mountain) in Arena Auditorium.
QUICK LOOK AT BOISE STATE
- All-Time Record: Wednesday's match-up with the Aztecs will be the fourth meeting all-time in the series between these two new conference rivals. San Diego State leads the series 3-0, 1-0 in Boise.
- Last Year: These two teams met twice last year with SDSU winning both regular season games 69-59 in Boise and 58-41 in San Diego.
QUICK LOOK AT SAN DIEGO STATE
- The Record: The Broncos enter the game at 10-10 overall and 3-4 in MW play. They are 7-4 at home, 2-5 on the opponents' floor and 1-1 on neutral courts.
- The Broncos at Home: The Broncos are 7-4 in home (3-1 MW) games this year in Taco Bell Arena. They finished last year 10-7 overall at home, their all-time mark is now 261-136 (.657 pct.) since the facility opened in the fall of 1982.
- The Broncos on the Road: Boise State is 3-6 away (0-3 MW) from Boise this year. Its last road game was a 75-61 defeat at UNLV last Saturday (Feb. 2).
- Recently for Boise State: The Broncos have dropped two games in a row for the first time since November with a 57-56 game at home to Colorado State on Jan. 30, followed by the loss at UNLV on Saturday.
- Leading the Broncos: Boise State is led by senior forward Lauren Lenhardt ranked fifth in the MW averaging 15.5 points and 7.4 rebounds (3rd MW) per game on the year. She currently ranks fourth the MW in scoring during league contests at 17.3 ppg and is a three-time MW Player of the Week honoree this season. Junior guard Brandi Henton adds 11 ppg in league games.
- As a Team: The Broncos average 63.3 points per game to rank fifth in the league, while allowing 65.3 ppg (6th MW), they rank third in rebound offense averaging 40.8 rpg.
- The Coach: Gordy Presnell is in his eighth season at Boise State where he is 135-104 (.565 pct.), 531-231 (.697 pct.) in 25+ seasons all-time. Presnell is 0-3 all-time against San Diego State.
MOUNTAIN WEST PRESEASON POLL
- SDSU's Record: The Aztecs are co-leaders of the MW coming to town at 15-5 overall and 6-1 in league. In MW play they are 3-1 at home and 3-0 on the road.
- Recently for the Aztecs: San Diego State has won six straight since a conference opening 80-72 loss at home to Fresno State. SDSU defeated Air Force 68-46 in San Diego, its lone game last week.
- Leading San Diego State: Courtney Clements ranks second in the conference for scoring at 17.1 points per game on the year. Chelsea Hopkins follows at 13.6 ppg (9th MW) and team-high 7.5 rebounds per game (2nd MW).
- As a Team: On the year, SDSU features the third ranked scoring offense in the MW averaging 68.2 points per game, while allowing 55 ppg (1st MW). The Aztecs are fourth in rebounding at 40.7 per game, while allowing opponents 36.3 boards per game (3rd MW).
- The Coach: Beth Burns is in her 16th year at SDSU where she is 283-184 (.606 pct.), her career mark is 364-249 (.594 pct.) in 21 seasons. Burns is 3-0 against the Broncos while at San Diego State.
BRONCOS Vs. MOUNTAIN WEST
- The Mountain West Preseason Poll is a combined coaches and media poll. Boise State was picked to place seventh, while San Diego State was projected to repeat as champions in the 2013 league race.
- Versus MW All-time: Boise State is 59-47 (55.7 pct.) all-time versus the current membership of the Mountain West.
- All-Time in MW Games: The Broncos are 8-13 all-time in MW games after going 5-9 last year in their first season as members of the MW. However, they are now 8-11 against the current membership in MW games entering the year since the departure of TCU.
- All-Time in Home Games: The Broncos are 6-5 all-time in home MW games.
- All-Time in Road Games: The Broncos are 2-9 all-time in road MW games.