Broncos Travel to Utah State on Saturday
Boise State looks for a break through on the road when it faces the Aggies at 2 p.m. Saturday.
Feb. 3, 2017
NEXT UP FOR THE BRONCOS
Boise State Notes
The Last Meeting
December 29, 2016
Boise State Rolls Past Utah State
Shalen Shaw recorded her second double-double of the season with team highs for points and rebounds with 19 and 10, respectively, as Boise State rolled past Utah State 76-56 in the Mountain West Conference opener at Taco Bell Arena Thursday night.
Follow the Broncos On Social Media
A QUICK GAME PREVIEW
- The Game: The Broncos (15-6, 5-5 MW) are off to Logan, Utah, to face the Utah State Aggies (11-10, 4-6 MW) at 2 p.m. Saturday afternoon in the Dee Glenn Smith Spectrum.
- Next Up: Boise State will have a bye next Wednesday before returning to the road for a encounter with Air Force next Saturday (Feb. 11) at 2 p.m. in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women’s games throughout the season. Chris Lewis is in his fourth season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can also listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
- Watch Live: The game will be broadcast live on the internet via the Mountain West Network on BroncoSports.com.
LAST TIME THEY MET
- The Broncos are tied for fifth place in the Mountain West standings at 5-5 after a 60-53 home loss to Colorado State on Wednesday ... Boise State is 15-6 overall.
- Brooke Pahukoa leads Boise State on the year averaging 13.5 points per game (8th MW) ... Shalen Shaw adds 10.7 points (19th MW) and team-high 7.1 rebounds (11th MW) per game ... Marijke Vanderschaaf chips in 9.9 points and 6.2 rebounds per game.
- On the year Boise State leads the Mountain West in scoring offense averaging 70.6 points per game while shooting 39.7 percent (5th MW) from the floor and 32.7 percent (5th MW) from behind the arc.
- Utah State is coming off a pair of road victories at Fresno State (52-47) and Nevada (81-69) and are now 11-10 overall and 4-6 in MW play, eighth place.
- Rachel Brewster leads USU in scoring at 13.0 points (11th MW) per game ... Shannon Dufficy adds 9.1 points and team-high 8.8 rebounds (3rd MW) per game.
- On the year Utah State is averaging 59.8 points (10th MW) per game, while allowing 59.7 ppg (4th MW) ... the Aggies shoot 38.5 percent (7th MW) from the floor as a team and 34.6 percent (3rd MW) from beyond the arc.
- This will be the 32nd meeting in the series all-time which Boise State leads 23-8 and 7-0 in the MW regular-season series.
- Last time they met was in Boise (Dec. 29) when Shalen Shaw recorded her second double-double of the season on team highs for points and rebounds with 19 and 10, respectively, as Boise State rolled past Utah State 76-56 in the Mountain West Conference opener at Taco Bell Arena.
- Boise State took control of the game in the first half shooting 55.7 percent (19-34) from the floor as the Broncos doubled-up the Aggies 46-23 by halftime and never looked back.
- Hermida scored 16 points and finished the night going 4-of-6 from 3-point range.
- Utah State was led by Shannon Dufficy with a double-double on 13 points and 12 rebounds, followed by Eliza West with 14 points and five assists, both team highs.
BRONCO FASTBREAK NOTES
- The Broncos are 5-5 in conference play following a 60-53 home loss to league-leader Colorado State Wednesday night.
- Boise State is now 15-6 overall and 11-2 in Taco Bell Arena this season.
- During league play the Broncos have been a much different team at home than they have been on the road ... Boise State is 4-2 at home winning by 7.2 points per game, while it is 1-3 on the road and losing by an average of 3.7 points per game.
- On the year, Boise State has a balanced offensive attack and has had three or more players reach double-figure scoring in 15 of 21 games ... they are 13-2 in those 15 contests.
- The balanced attack includes 10 players having scored double-digit points this season, eight have led the team in scoring at least once ... no one has led the team in scoring more than seven times (Brooke Pahukoa).
- The Broncos currently have two players averaging double-digit points led by Brooke Pahukoa (13.5 ppg) followed by Shalen Shaw (10.7 ppg) ... five players average 7.8 or more points per game.
- Four Broncos have reached double-digit points at least 10 times each and a total of six have had five or more with a high of 12 by Shaw.
- Boise State is fifth in the MW for 3-point percentage as a team at .327 ... they are 37th in the nation for total 3-pointers made at 167 and 35th nationally for 3-pointers made per game at 8.0.
- Defensively, Boise State ranks second in the MW and is 30th nationally in 3-point defense holding opponents to 27.6 percent from beyond the arc.
- The Broncos started the season off at 12-1 overall which tied for the best start in program history after 13 games, since the 1974-75 squad set the school record at 12-0 before dropping to 12-1 ... the 1971-72 and 1973-74 teams also went 12-1.
- Boise State just completed its best pre-conference campaign in program history at 10-1.
- Winter Chill, Boise State shot 38.8 percent from 3-point range in nonconference play to lead the MW and rank 17th nationally, since Christmas and the start of league the Broncos have struggled shooting a chilly 25.9 percent to rank 10th in the MW (conference games).
- Head coach Gordy Presnell hit the 600 career wins milestone against Portland (Dec. 18), Presnell is the 32nd coach in NCAA DI history to hit the mark ... he now has 606 wins.
- Brooke Pahukoa leads the team and ranks eighth in the MW for points per game at 13.5 ... she has 11 games in double-digit points, six with 20-plus, including 21 at New Mexico (Jan. 18) and 23 versus San Jose State (Jan. 21).
- Brooke Pahukoa has moved into 10th all-time (1,188) for career points at Boise State, 73 (1,261) short of tying for ninth.
- Brooke Pahukoa is 10th in the MW for 3-point percentage at .359 and is eighth in the league for 3-pointers per game at 1.9.
- Shalen Shaw is second on team and 19th in MW for scoring at 10.7 points per game ... she leads the team and is 11th in MW for rebounds at 7.1 per game.
- Shaw tallied a team-high eight rebounds against Concordia (Dec. 7) to reach the 500 career rebounds milestone ... she currently stands at 582 to rank 15th all-time at Boise State, 10 short of sole possession of 14th and 13 short of 12th.
- Shaw ranks fourth among active players this year in the MW for career double-doubles with 14, two this season.
- Yaiza Rodriguez has dished out nine or more assists in six contests to date and six or more in 12 games ... she has three with 10-plus.
- Rodriguez is second in the MW and 19th nationally in assists per game at 6.4.
- Rodriguez set the school’s career assists record earlier this fall at 452 and has since stretched it out to 558.
- Rodriguez is now fourth in MW history for career assists at 558.
- Marijke Vanderschaaf is averaging 6.4 rebounds per game (2nd on team / 16th MW) and has 12 games with six or more boards ... she had a career-high 11 in win at Colorado State (Dec. 31).
- Vanderschaaf is averaging 9.9 points per game and has scored double-figure points in 10 contests including a career-high 22 at San Diego State (Jan. 7) and team-high 20 in the win over Wyoming (Jan. 28).
- Joyce Harrell earned her first career start in the win over Wyoming (Jan. 28) tallying four points, a team-high seven rebounds, as well as a team and career-high four blocks.
- Harrell led Boise State in her second career start versus Colorado State (Feb. 1) tallying a team and career-high 13 points to go with a team high and career-tying eight rebounds.
- Jordan Woodvine has been coming lately for the Broncos and is averaging 8.2 points and 2.8 rebounds in 15.6 minutes per game over the last five contests.
- Braydey Hodgins as also been solid for the Broncos lately, over the last five games she is averaging 7.3 points, 2.7 rebounds and 1.3 assists in 14.8 minutes per game.