Broncos Host Utah State Aggies
Boise State will be home Wednesday night hosting USU at 7 p.m.
Feb. 3, 2015
Bronco Weekly: Head coach Gordy Presnell talks about the teams loss at Colorado State and looks ahead to the this week's games against Utah State and San Diego State.
- Utah State (6-15, 3-6 MW) at Boise State (13-6, 5-3 MW)
- Feb. 4, 2015 at 7 p.m. (Mountain Time)
- Boise, Idaho (Taco Bell Arena)
- 28th Meeting in Series
- Game: Boise State (13-6, 5-3 MW) will host Utah State (6-15, 3-6 MW) at 7 p.m. on Wednesday in Taco Bell Arena ... after a bye this past weekend the Broncos look to get back on track after splitting their last four contests.
- Next Up: The Broncos hit the road for a 3 p.m. (Mountain) encounter Saturday afternoon with the San Diego State Aztecs (7-13, 4-5 MW) in Viejas Arena at San Diego.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women’s games this season. Chris Lewis returns for his second season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
SETTING THE SCENE
- Preseason MW Poll: The preseason coaches/media poll selected Boise State to place second in this year’s league race, while picking Utah State eighth.
- Boise State’s Record: The Broncos are currently 13-6 overall and 5-3 in MW play, good for fourth place.
- Recently for Boise State: The Broncos split their last four contests winning two at home while dropping two road games ... last week they played once, a 83-82 loss at Colorado State on Wednesday (Jan. 28).
- Utah State’s Record: The Aggies enter the game at 6-15 on the year and 3-6 in league play.
- Recently for Utah State: The Aggies have gone 3-2 in their last five games including a pair of losses last week at Wyoming (86-51), followed by a home defeat to San Diego State (70-59).
- Boise State at Home: The Broncos are 9-1 at home in 2014-15 ... they went 11-4 in Taco Bell Arena last year and are now 281-145 (.660 pct.) all-time in facility.
- Boise State on the Road: The Broncos are 4-5 on the road in 2014-15 ... they have lost two straight away from Boise 88-78 at San Jose State (Jan. 21) and at Colorado State (Jan. 28).
- Utah State at Home: The Aggies are a better team at home where they have gone 5-4 this season.
- Utah State on the Road: USU has struggled away from Logan this year going 1-11.
- Bronco Leaders: In MW games, Deanna Weaver leads the team at 15.3 points (MW 6th) and 4.5 rebounds per game, on the year she leads the MW in 3-point percentage at .450 (NCAA 10th) ... Brooke Pahukoa is second in scoring during league games averaging 11 ppg, Miquelle Askew follows at 8.9 ppg, Camille Redmon leads on the glass at 8.3 rebounds per game (MW 3rd).
- Aggie Leaders: In MW games, Funda Nakkasoglu leads Utah State at 17.1 points per game (MW 3rd) ... Ingrida Strikas adds 9.0 points and 6.1 rebounds per game tied for first on team on the glass (MW t-14).
- Boise State as a Team: Offensively, Boise State is averaging 73.6 points (MW 2nd/NCAA 44th) and a league-best 75.2 ppg during MW action ... Defensively, the Broncos are fourth in the league allowing 61.9 points per game and 67.4 points per game (MW 9th) in conference play ... on the year the Broncos out score and out rebound opponents by +11.7 and +6.9 per game, respectively.
- Utah State as a Team: Offensively, the Aggies are averaging 64.3 points per game (MW 7th) on the year and 62.9 ppg (MW 5th) in league play ... Defensively, they are allowing 71.4 ppg (MW 8th) this season and 65.9 (MW 7th) during MW campaign.
- The Coaches: Jerry Finkbeiner is now in his third season as head coach at Utah State where he is 39-45, his career mark is 513-287 in 27 years. Gordy Presnell is in his 10th season at Boise State where he is 167-133 and 563-260 in his 28th season all-time.
- All-Time Record: This is the 28th meeting all-time between the Aggies and Broncos with Boise State holding an 19-8 advantage in the series.
- Current Streak: The Broncos have won three straight over the Aggies sweeping last year’s series and the first this year in Logan (Jan. 3) 63-53.
- Series in Boise: Boise State is 10-4 in games play at Boise, 1-0 in MW play.
- MW Series: Last year was Utah State’s first in the MW when the Broncos won both encounters over USU 71-68 in Logan and 83-62 in Boise ... Boise State now leads 3-0 in MW games.
- Former WAC Rivals: These two were rivals in the Western Athletic Conference for six years (2006-2011) having met 13 times with the Broncos going 9-4 against the Aggies ... Boise State left for the MW for the 2011-12 campaign, while USU followed for 2013-14.
- Mountain West Conference: Boise State is 105-83 all-time against the current membership of the Mountain West; however, they are 26-28 in MW contests.
The Last Meeting
January 3, 2015