Bronco WBB Closes Homestand with Colorado State
Boise State (10-8, 3-2 MW) closes a two-game homestand this Wednesday night when the Colorado State Rams (5-13, 1-4 MW) come to town for a Mountain West encounter, tip is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. (Mountain) in Taco Bell Arena.
Colorado State (5-13, 1-4 MW) at Boise State (10-8, 3-2 MW)
Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2013, at 7 p.m. (Mountain)
Boise, Idaho (Taco Bell Arena)
Radio: KTIK AM 1350, Chris King (Play-by-Play)
Live Audio and Video WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS WEEK
- Boise State (10-8, 3-2 MW) closes a two-game homestand this Wednesday night when the Colorado State Rams (5-13, 1-4 MW) come to town for a Mountain West encounter, tip is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. (Mountain) in Taco Bell Arena.
- The Broncos will follow that with a road game Saturday afternoon at UNLV (6-13, 2-3 MW) in Cox Pavilion at Las Vegas, Nev., tip is set for 4 p.m. (Mountain).
QUICK LOOK AT BOISE STATE
- All-Time Record: Wednesday's encounter with the Rams will be the sixth meeting all-time in the series between these two new rivals. Boise State holds a 3-2 advantage in the all-time series with Colorado State.
- Last Year: These two teams met three times last year with CSU winning both regular season games 60-52 in Boise and 67-58 in Fort Collins. However, the Broncos gained their revenge in Las Vegas, Nev., during the MW Tournament knocking the Rams out in the quarterfinals 68-63.
QUICK LOOK AT COLORADO STATE
- The Record: The Broncos enter the game at 10-8 overall and 3-2 in MW play. They are 7-3 at home, 2-4 on the opponents' floor and 1-1 on neutral courts.
- The Broncos at Home: The Broncos are 7-3 in home (3-0 MW) games this year in Taco Bell Arena. They finished last year 10-7 overall at home, their all-time mark is now 261-135 (.659 pct.) since the facility opened in the fall of 1982.
- The Broncos on the Road: Boise State is 3-5 away (0-2 MW) from Boise this year. Its last road game was a hard fought 70-57 loss at Fresno State on Jan. 23.
- Recently for Boise State: The Broncos have won four of their last six contests. Most recently they defeated Nevada at home 67-58 last Saturday. Prior to that they lost at Fresno State.
- Leading the Broncos: Boise State is led by senior forward Lauren Lenhardt ranked fourth in the MW averaging 15.6 points and 7.2 rebounds (4th MW) per game on the year. She currently leads the MW in scoring during league contests at 18.4 ppg and is a three-time MW Player of the Week honoree this season. Junior guard Brandi Henton adds 11.8 ppg in league games.
- As a Team: The Broncos average 63.8 points per game to rank fifth in the league, while allowing 65.2 ppg (6th MW), they rank sixth in rebound offense averaging 40.6 rpg.
- The Coach: Gordy Presnell is in his eighth season at Boise State where he is 135-102 (.570 pct.), 531-229 (.700 pct.) in 25+ seasons all-time. Presnell is 1-2 all-time against Colorado State.
MOUNTAIN WEST PRESEASON POLL
- CSU's Record: The Rams enter the game at 5-13 overall and 1-4 in MW play. They are 4-6 at home, 1-6 on the opponents' home courts and 0-1 on neutral floors. In MW play they are 0-3 at home and 1-1 on the road.
- Recently for the Rams: Colorado State has loss three straight heading into Wednesday's game at Boise, 63-50 at UNLV, followed by two home defeats last week to New Mexico (68-54) and Fresno State (69-58).
- Leading Colorado State: Sam Martin leads the Rams in scoring on the year at 11.7 points per game to go with a team-high 6.2 rebounds per outing, Caitlin Duffy follows at 11.5 ppg. The two have reversed roles during league action with Duffy averaging 13.0 ppg and Martin 10.8 ppg.
- As a Team: On the year, CSU features the eighth ranked scoring offense in the MW averaging 55.7 points per game, while allowing 59.8 ppg (4th MW). The Rams are last in rebounding at 34.6 per game, while allowing opponents 40.9 boards per game (6th MW).
- The Coach: Ryun Williams is in his first year at Colorado State where he is 5-13 (.278 pct.), his career mark is 263-165 (.615 pct.) in 15 seasons. Williams has not coached against Boise State previously.
BRONCOS Vs. MOUNTAIN WEST
- The Mountain West Preseason Poll is a combined coaches and media poll. Boise State was picked to place seventh, while CSU was projected fifth out of nine teams in the 2013 league race.
- Versus MW All-time: Boise State is 59-45 (56.7 pct.) all-time versus the current membership of the Mountain West.
- All-Time in MW Games: The Broncos are 8-11 all-time in MW games after going 5-9 last year in their first season as members of the MW. However, they are now 8-9 against the current membership in MW games entering the year since the departure of TCU.
- All-Time in Home Games: The Broncos are 6-4 all-time in home MW games.
- All-Time in Road Games: The Broncos are 2-7 all-time in road MW games.