Boise State to Face Colorado State in Key MW Game
The third-place Broncos are on the road to face the second-place Rams Wednesday night.
Brooke Pahukoa has four-straight games in double-figure points.
Jan. 27, 2015
- Boise State (13-5, 5-2 MW) at Colorado State (14-4, 6-1 MW)
- Jan. 28, 2015 at 7 p.m. (Mountain Time)
- Fort Collins, Colo. (Moby Arena)
- 10th Meeting in Series
- Game: Boise State (13-5, 5-2 MW) is on the road for a key Mountain West encounter against second-place Colorado State (14-4, 6-1 MW) at 7 p.m. Wednesday night in Fort Collins, Colo.
- Next Up: The Broncos will have a bye on Saturday before returning to the hardwood on Feb. 4 when they host the Utah State Aggies at 7 p.m. in Taco Bell Arena.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women’s games this season. Chris Lewis returns for his second season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
SETTING THE SCENE
- Preseason MW Poll: The preseason coaches/media poll selected these two teams to battle it out for the regular-season crown with Colorado State selected first and Boise State second.
- Boise State’s Record: The Broncos are currently 13-5 overall and 5-2 in MW play, good for third place.
- Recently for Boise State: The Broncos have gone 5-2 in league play ... last week they split a pair of games ... they were upset 88-78 at San Jose State (Jan. 21) then returned home to run over Air Force by 27 points 81-54.
- Colorado State’s Record: The Rams enter the game at 14-4 on the year and 6-1 in league play.
- Recently for Colorado State: The Rams have won 10 of their last 11 games, that lone loss was at Boise State to open MW play ... they have won six straight, most recently defeating San Diego State (Jan. 24) 49-36 on the road in their lone game last week.
- Boise State at Home: The Broncos are 9-1 at home in 2014-15 ... they went 11-4 in Taco Bell Arena last year and are now 281-145 (.660 pct.) all-time in facility.
- Boise State on the Road: The Broncos are 4-4 on the road in 2014-15.
- Colorado State at Home: The Rams are always tough to beat in Moby Arena where they are 9-1 this year.
- Colorado State on the Road: CSU is currently 5-3 on the road this season.
- Bronco Leaders: Deanna Weaver leads the team at 14.1 points (MW 8th) and second-best 5.6 rebounds per game, she also leads the MW in 3-point percentage at .456 (NCAA 8th) ... Miquelle Askew is next in scoring at 10.1 ppg, Keiahnna Engel adds 8.4 ppg ... Camille Redmon leads on the glass at 6.9 rebounds per game (MW 8th) and in blocks at 2.2 per game (MW 3rd/NCAA 45th).
- Ram Leaders: CSU has eight players averaging between 10.6 and 7.4 points per game led by Gritt Ryder at 10.6 ppg (MW 15th) ... Elin Gustavsson is next at 9.8 ppg ... Ellen Nystrom leads on the glass averaging 6.3 rebounds per game (MW 10th) while adding 9.7 ppg.
- Boise State as a Team: Offensively, Boise State is averaging 73.2 points (MW 2nd/NCAA 44th) and 41 rebounds (MW 4th) per game ... Defensively, the Broncos are fourth in the league allowing 60.7 points (NCAA 99th) and 33.3 rebounds (MW 1st) per game ... the Broncos out score and out rebound opponents by +12.4 and +7.7, respectively.
- Colorado State as a Team: Offensively, the Rams have averaged 66.9 points per game (MW 5th) and 39.6 rebounds per game (MW 7th) ... Defensively, they are allowing 55.7 ppg (MW 1st) and 38.4 rpg (MW 6th) ... they have out scored opponents by 11.2 points per game this season.
- The Coaches: Ryun Williams is now in his third season as head coach at Colorado State where he is 50-31, his career mark is 308-184 in seven years. Gordy Presnell is in his 10th season at Boise State where he is 167-132 and 563-259 in his 28th season all-time.
- All-Time Record: This is the 10th meeting all-time between the Rams and Broncos with Colorado State holding a slim 5-4 advantage in the series.
- Current Streak: Boise State defeated the Rams in Boise on Dec. 31 for the current one game win streak.
- MW Series: Boise State defeated CSU on Dec. 31 in Boise 75-65, it was the first regular season Bronco victory over the Rams since joining the league for the 2011-12 campaign ... the Rams lead the league series 5-1.
- Series in Fort Collins: Colorado State is 2-1 in games all-time played at Fort Collins, 2-0 in MW play.
- Last Year: The two teams met only once last year with the Rams winning that encounter 71-51 in Boise on Feb. 19, 2014.
- Mountain West Conference: Boise State is 105-82 all-time against the current membership of the Mountain West; however, they are 26-27 in MW contests.
The Last Meeting
December 31, 2014