Boise State Hosts Air Force Saturday
Broncos look to regroup against the Falcons.
Camille Redmon had a double-double 16 points and 13 rebounds at San Jose State.
Jan. 23, 2015
- Air Force (1-17, 0-7 MW) at Boise State (12-5, 4-2 MW)
- Jan. 24, 2015 at 2 p.m. (Mountain Time)
- Boise, Idaho (Taco Bell Arena)
- Ninth Meeting in Series
- Game: Boise State (12-5, 4-2 MW) returns home to host the US Air Force Academy (1-17, 0-7 MW) at 2 p.m. Saturday afternoon in Taco Bell Arena.
- Next Up: The Broncos will be on the road next Wednesday when they travel to face second-place Colorado State (13-4, 5-1 MW) in Fort Collins, Colo.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women’s games this season. Chris Lewis returns for his second season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
SETTING THE SCENE
- Preseason MW Poll: The preseason coaches/media poll selected the Broncos second, while Air Force was projected 11th of 11 teams.
- Boise State’s Record: The Broncos are currently 12-5 overall and 4-2 in MW play, good for third place.
- Recently for Boise State: The Broncos have gone 4-2 in league play ... last week they swept a pair of contests defeating UNLV 78-67 (Jan. 14) in Las Vegas before returning home to down New Mexico (Jan. 17) 86-65 ... most recently they were upset 88-78 at San Jose State on Wednesday.
- Air Force’s Record: The Falcons enter the game at 1-17 on the year and 0-7 in league play.
- Recently for Air Force: The Falcons have struggled this year with a current 16-game losing streak ... they lost 70-47 at San Diego State this past Wednesday.
- Boise State at Home: The Broncos are 8-1 at home in 2014-15 ... they went 11-4 in Taco Bell Arena last year and are now 280-145 (.659 pct.) all-time in facility.
- Boise State on the Road: The Broncos are 4-4 on the road in 2014-15.
- Air Force at Home: The Falcons are 1-7 at home this year.
- Air Force on the Road: Air Force has not won on the road this year going 0-10.
- Bronco Leaders: Deanna Weaver leads the team at 14.4 points (MW 8th) and second-best 5.6 rebounds per game, she also leads the MW in 3-point percentage at .459 (NCAA 10th) ... Miquelle Askew is next in scoring at 9.9 ppg, Keiahnna Engel adds 8.4 ppg ... Camille Redmon leads on the glass at 6.8 rebounds per game (MW 8th) and in blocks at 2.2 per game (MW 3rd/NCAA 45th).
- Falcon Leaders: Jimi Blagowski leads USAFA in scoring at 12.1 points per game (MW 12th) ... Lindsey Lewis adds 11.5 ppg and 4.3 rebounds per game.
- Boise State as a Team: Offensively, Boise State is averaging 72.7 points (MW 2nd/NCAA 53rd) and 40.9 rebounds (MW 4th) per game ... Defensively, the Broncos are fourth in the league allowing 61.1 points (NCAA 103rd) and 34.1 rebounds (MW 1st) per game ... the Broncos out score and out rebound opponents by +11.6 and +6.8, respectively.
- Air Force as a Team: Offensively, the Falcons have averaged 52.3 points per game (MW 11th) and 32.9 rebounds per game (MW 11th) ... Defensively, they are allowing 76.7 ppg (MW 10th) and 47.3 rpg (MW 10th) ... Air Force has been out scored by 24.4 points per game this year.
- The Coaches: Andrea Williams is now in her fifth season as head coach at Air Force where she is 21-117, her career mark is 33-151 in seven years. Gordy Presnell is in his 10th season at Boise State where he is 166-132 and 562-259 in his 28th season all-time.
- All-Time Record: This is the ninth meeting all-time between the Falcons and Broncos with Boise State leading 7-1.
- Current Streak: Boise State swept Air Force last year for the current two-game win streak
- MW Series: Boise State leads the conference series 5-1 since the Broncos joined the league for the 2011-12 campaign.
- Series in Boise: The Broncos hold a 4-0 advantage over the Falcons in games played at Boise.
- Mountain West Conference: Boise State is 104-82 all-time against the current membership of the Mountain West; however, they are 25-27 in MW contests.