Der during pre-game introductions.
Jan. 20, 2014
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Boise State sophomore forward Lexie Der has earned Mountain West Women's Basketball Player of the Week honors for games played from Jan. 13-19, 2014. It is the first MW weekly honor for Der.
- Sophomore, Forward, Burnaby, B.C., Canada / St. Thomas More HS
- Led Boise State to a 2-0 record last week with Conference victories against Nevada (67-64) and at Utah State (71-68).
- Averaged 16.0 points and 9.5 rebounds, while shooting 42.3 percent from the field (11-of-26), including 60.0 percent from beyond the arc (3-of-5), and 87.5 percent from the free throw line (7-of-8).
- Scored 13 points and grabbed eight rebounds against the Wolf Pack on Jan. 15. Also had one assist and one steal.
- Recorded her third double-double of the season with a team-high 19 points and 11 rebounds against Utah State on Jan. 18. Scored 13 of her points in the second half, including a three-pointer with 25 seconds left to give Boise State the lead for good at 67-66. It was the Broncos first road win of the season.
- This is Der's first ever player of the week honor and the second in the last four weeks for Boise State.
2013-14 Mountain West Women's Basketball Players of the Week
Nov. 11 - Antiesha Brown, Jr., G, New Mexico
Nov. 18 - Ta'Rea Cunnigan, Jr., G, San José State
Nov. 25 - Jennifer Schlott, Sr., G, Utah State
Dec. 2 - Cierra Warren, Sr., C, San Diego State
Dec. 9 - Sam Martin, Sr., F, Colorado State
Dec. 16 - Moriah Faulk, So., G, Fresno State
Dec. 23 - Jennifer Schlott, Sr., G, Utah State
Dec. 30 - Miquelle Askew, So., C, Boise State
Jan. 6 - Bree Farley, Sr., G, Fresno State
Jan. 13 - Sara Halasz, Sr., G, New Mexico
Jan. 20 - Lexie Der, So., F, Boise State