Boise State Women Host Air Force in MW Action Saturday
Boise State (8-7, 1-1 MW) continues Mountain West play this Saturday at 2 p.m. when the Broncos host the Air Force Falcons (2-14, 1-2 MW) in Taco Bell Arena.
Air Force (2-14, 1-2 MW) at Boise State (8-7, 1-1 MW)
Saturday, Jan. 19, 2013, at 2 p.m. (Mountain)
Boise, Idaho (Taco Bell Arena)
Live Audio and Video WHAT'S HAPPENING
- Boise State (8-7, 1-1 MW) continues Mountain West play this Saturday at 2 p.m. when the Broncos host the Air Force Falcons (2-14, 1-2 MW) in Taco Bell Arena.
- Following Saturday's game the Broncos hit the road for more MW action as they renew their rivalry with former WAC opponent Fresno State (10-6, 2-1 MW) at 8 p.m. (Mountain) in the Save Mart Center at Fresno, Calif.
QUICK LOOK AT BOISE STATE
- All-Time Record: Saturday's game will be the fifth meeting all-time in the series between the two programs with Boise State holding a 4-0 advantage.
- Last Year: Boise State swept the regular season series winning 81-75 in Colorado, then 83-59 in the rematch at Boise.
QUICK LOOK AT AIR FORCE
- The Record: The Broncos enter the game at 8-7 overall and 1-1 in MW play. They are 5-3 at home, 2-3 on the opponents' floor and 1-1 on neutral courts.
- The Broncos at Home: The Broncos are 5-3 in home games this year in Taco Bell Arena. They finished last year 10-7 overall at home, their all-time mark is now 259-135 (.657 pct.) since the facility opened in the fall of 1982.
- The Broncos on the Road: Boise State is 3-4 away (0-1 MW) from Boise this year. Its last road game was a tough 58-53 loss at New Mexico on Wednesday night in Albuquerque.
- Recently for Boise State: The Broncos had a two game win streak snapped Wednesday night when they lost at New Mexico. Prior to that they had recorded two home victories over the College of Idaho 61-47 on Jan. 2, followed by a 70-68 thriller against Wyoming on Jan. 9 in the MW opener.
- Leading the Broncos: Boise State is led by senior forward Lauren Lenhardt ranked sixth in the MW averaging 14.6 points and 7.4 rebounds (3rd MW) per game on the year. She was named MW Co-Player of the week for the third time this season on Monday, Jan. 14. Junior guard Brandi Henton adds 9.3 ppg.
- As a Team: The Broncos average 63.9 points per game to rank fifth in the league, while allowing 65.4 ppg (6th MW), they rank fourth in rebound offense averaging 41.5 rpg.
- The Coach: Gordy Presnell is in his eighth season at Boise State where he is 133-101 (.568 pct.), 529-228 (.699 pct.) in 25+ seasons all-time. Presnell is 2-0 all-time against Air Force.
MOUNTAIN WEST PRESEASON POLL
- Air Force's Record: The Falcons enter the game 1-2 in MW play. They are 2-14 overall, 0-7 at home, 0-7 on the opponents' home courts and 0-1 on neutral floors.
- Recently for the Falcons: Air Force split during the opening week of MW play falling 67-54 at Nevada before rebounding to knocked off UNLV 81-69 at home last Saturday. Most recently they lost 64-44 Wednesday night at home to Colorado State.
- Leading the Falcons: Alicia Leipprandt leads the Academy at 11.9 points (15th MW) and 3.9 rebounds per game, followed by Dymond James at 9.4 ppg and team second-best 7.3 rpg (t-5 MW). Katie Hilbig leads USAFA on the glass averaging 7.4 rpg (2nd MW).
- As a Team: On the year, Air Force features a scoring offense that is averaging 54.6 points per game (9th MW), while allowing 71 ppg (8th MW). The Falcons are third in rebounding at 41.5 per game and sixth in rebound defense holding opponents to 41.8 boards per game.
- The Coach: Andrea Williams is in her third season as head coach at Air Force where she is 17-60 (.221 pct.), her career mark is 29-95 (.234) in five seasons. Williams is 0-2 all-time versus Boise State.
BRONCOS Vs. MOUNTAIN WEST
- The Mountain West Preseason Poll is a combined coaches and media poll. Boise State was picked to place seventh, while Air Force was projected in ninth-place out of nine teams in the 2013 league race.
- Versus MW All-time: Boise State is 57-44 (56.4 pct.) all-time versus the current membership of the Mountain West.
- All-Time in MW Games: The Broncos are 6-10 all-time in MW games after going 5-9 last year in their first season as members of the MW. However, they are now 6-8 against the current membership in MW games entering the year since the departure of TCU.
- All-Time in Home Games: The Broncos are 4-4 all-time in home MW games.
- Previous Rivalries: Boise State has been a conference rival of Nevada and Fresno State previously as members of the Western Athletic Conference 2001-2011.
- A Rivalry That Spans Five Conferences: Boise State and Nevada have now been conference rivals in five different conferences since the late 1980's. It began with the old Mountain West Athletic Conference (1987-1988), the Big Sky Conference (1988-1992), the Big West Conference (1996-2000), Western Athletic Conference from 2001-2011, followed by the Mountain West in 2012-13.