Boise State Host Colorado State on The Mtn.
Boise State University (11-6, 2-0 MW) will host Colorado State (5-12, 1-1 MW) this Tuesday night in a game that will be televised nationally on the Mountain West Sports Network (The Mtn.), tip-off is 6:02 p.m. (Mountain).
Colorado State (5-12, 1-1 MW) at Boise State (11-6, 2-0 MW)
Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2012 at 6:00 p.m. (Mountain)
Boise, Idaho (Taco Bell Arena)
Radio: KTIK (AM 1350)
Live Stats: BroncoSports.com
TV: The Mtn. (Direct TV 616, Cable One 329)
Promotion for Colorado State Game
- Boise State University (11-6, 2-0 MW) will host Colorado State (5-12, 1-1 MW) this Tuesday night in a game that will be televised nationally on the Mountain West Sports Network (The Mtn.), tip-off is 6:02 p.m. (Mountain).
- Calling the game for The Mtn. will be Ann Schatz (play-by-play) and Andrea Lloyd (analyst).
- Boise State swept a pair of conference games last week to extend its win streak to four games. Last week the Broncos defeated New Mexico (65-46) in Boise, followed by a road win at Air Force (81-75).
- Tuesday's game will feature the MW's top scoring offense in Boise State averaging 72.9 points per game versus Colorado State's fifth ranked offense at 59.2 ppg. It also features the top two field goal shooting teams on the year with Boise State shooting 43 percent, while Colorado State hits 42.2 percent.
- Boise State is 8-3 at home this season and is winning by 11.3 points per game in Taco Bell Arena.
- The Broncos are 252-128 (.664) all-time in Taco Bell Arena and 143-78 (.647) in conference games.
- Boise State is led by senior guard Kati Isham who was last week's MW Player of the Week (Jan. 9). She is averaging a Mountain West second-best 15.6 points per game while leading the league in 3-pointers made per game at 2.5, ranking 36th nationally. She is also 34th nationally in 3-point percentage hitting 39.8 percent (43-108) to rank third in the MW.
- Lauren Lenhardt is this week's MW Co-Player of the Week (Jan. 16). She follows Isham in scoring on the team and is ranked 5th in the MW at 13.8 ppg. She is second the conference and ranked 26th nationally in field goal percentage at 53.9 percent.
Lenhardt Named Mountain West Co-Player of the Week
- "Junior High/Middle School Night"
- All Bronco Fans (8th grade and under), will receive a Limited Edition "Get to know your Broncos Activity Sheet".
- Boise State women's basketball SOPHOMORE student-athletes will be available for autographs postgame.
- Lucky Winner Drawing - Prize: Red Robin Gift Card.
- Lauren Lenhardt received her second conference Player of the Week honor this year and the third of her career on Monday, Jan. 16. The 6-2 junior from Eagle, Idaho, led the Broncos to a 2-0 start in Conference play with wins over New Mexico (65-46) and Air Force (81-75). Lenhardt averaged 26.0 points and 4.5 rebounds per game while shooting 52.8 percent (19-36) from the field, 83.3 percent (5-6) from three-point range and 90 percent (9-10) from the free throw line for the week. Against the Lobos at home on Wednesday night, she scored a team-high 23 points and grabbed six rebounds. Nine of her points came during an 18-4 run that spanned from the end of the first half into the second period, giving the Broncos control of the game with a double-digit lead that they did not relinquish. At Air Force on Saturday afternoon, Lenhardt scored a season-high 29 points, 14 in the first half and 15 in the second. During a late-game rally attempt by the Falcons, Lenhardt came up with seven of Boise State's final 13 points of the game to hold off Air Force.
Boise State Versus Colorado State
A Quick Look at Colorado State
- Boise State and Colorado State have met two times previously with the Broncos winning both encounters.
- The first encounter was on Dec. 18, 1989, in Fort Collins, Colo., the Broncos won 54-51.
- The second meeting in the series was 20 years ago in Boise when Boise State defeated CSU in the Real Dairy Classic 87-68 on Nov. 29, 1991.
- Common opponents so far this year include: Air Force (both teams won) and Seattle (both teams lost).
- The Rams enter the game at 5-12 overall and 1-1 in league play. They split two conference games last week defeating Air Force 73-39 at home then lost 79-71 at TCU on Saturday.
- CSU has won two of its last seven contests, included among those defeats are a 72-45 loss to Michigan State and a 47-39 loss to Indiana.
- Colorado State was picked to place third in the MW preseason poll.
- The Rams are led by junior forward Sam Martin averaging 13.6 points per game (6th MW) on the year and Preseason MW Player of the Year honoree Kim Mestdagh, a senior, averaging 13.5 points (7th MW).
- As a team CSU ranks fifth in the MW for scoring at 59.2 points per game and sixth in points allowed at 61.8 per game.
- This is Kristen Holt's fourth year as head coach at Colorado State where she has a 42-66 record.
Mountain West Era Begins
- Boise State will host Texas Christian University (TCU) at 7:00 p.m. (Mountain) Saturday night in Taco Bell Arena.
- This will be the first meeting as conference rivals and the fourth all-time with Boise State leading the series 2-1.
- Boise State defeated TCU 84-61 on Dec. 10, 1982 in Boise and 93-83 on Dec. 22, 1991 in the Shocker Classic at Wichita, Kan.
- The loss was four years ago in the second round of the WNIT when TCU defeated Boise State 85-56 in Fort Worth, Texas, on March 23, 2008.
- A new era begins this year with Boise State's first Mountain West campaign.
- The Broncos won their inaugural MW game Wednesday (Jan. 11) night 65-46 over New Mexico in Boise.
- Boise State completed the sweep during the opening week of MW play winning 81-75 at Air Force on Saturday (Jan. 14).
- The Broncos are 15-5 all-time against the current membership of the MW.
- Boise State joins Colorado State University, San Diego State University, Texas Christian University (TCU), University of Nevada - Las Vegas (UNLV), University of New Mexico, University of Wyoming and the U.S. Air Force Academy as members of the Mountain West.
- The Mountain West is the sixth conference that the women's basketball program has been affiliated with since the inaugural season of 1970-71.
- Overall, the Broncos have been league rivals with 40 different schools (including the seven in the MW this year) in 42 years.
- Boise State's all-time record in conference games is 255-251 (.504 pct).
- The Broncos left the Western Athletic Conference (WAC) last summer following ten years of membership.