Boise State Hosts Fresno State Saturday
Broncos look to snap two-game skid in home game against the Bulldogs.
Jan. 13, 2017
NEXT UP FOR THE BRONCOS
Boise State Notes
Follow the Broncos On Social Media
- The Game: The Broncos (12-3, 2-2 MW) look to snap a two-game skid and get back on track when they host Fresno State (10-6, 3-2 MW) for a 2 p.m. (MT) encounter with the Bulldogs on Saturday at Taco Bell Arena.
- Next Up: Boise State travels to Albuquerque, N.M., for a 7 p.m. (MT) tip Wednesday night against the New Mexico Lobos (8-7, 4-1 MW).
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women’s games throughout the season. Chris Lewis is in his fourth season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can also listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
- Watch Live: The game will be broadcast live on the internet via the Mountain West Network on BroncoSports.com.
A QUICK LOOK AT FRESNO STATE GAME
- Boise State has lost two straight for the first time this season following a 58-55 set back to UNLV (Jan. 4) and a 84-77 loss at San Diego State (Jan. 7).
- Brooke Pahukoa leads Boise State averaging 14.2 points per game (7th MW) ... Shalen Shaw adds 11.2 points (16th MW) and team-high 7.4 rebounds (t-10th MW) per game.
- Boise State ranks 43rd nationally in 3-point percentage at .359 and is 11th in 3-pointers made per game at 8.9 ... the Broncos average 72.1 points per game, first in the Mountain West.
- Fresno State is 10-6 overall and 3-2 in MW play ... the Bulldogs have won two straight with home victories over San Jose State (88-74) and Air Force (63-40).
- Bego Faz Davalos leads Fresno State averaging a double-double on 14.7 points (6th MW) and 11.2 rebounds (1st MW) per game ... Candice White adds 14.0 points (10th MW).
- Fresno State averages 62.7 points (8th MW) per game on the year, allows 60.9 ppg (5th MW) and is shooting 40.5 percent (5th MW) from the floor as a team and 29.3 percent (8th MW) from beyond the arc.
- This will be the 35th meeting in the series all-time which Fresno State leads 24-10 and 6-1 in the MW regular-season series.
- The Bulldogs have won two straight over the Broncos.
BRONCO FASTBREAK NOTES
- The Broncos are 2-2 in conference play following a pair of defeats last week to UNLV (58-55) in Boise (Jan. 4) and at San Diego State (84-77) last Saturday (Jan. 7).
- Boise State is now 12-3 overall and 2-2 in MW play.
- The Broncos started the season off at 12-1 overall which tied for the best start in program history after 13 games, since the 1974-75 squad (no conference affiliation) set the school record at 12-0 before dropping to 12-1 ... the 1971-72 and 1973-74 teams also went 12-1.
- Boise State just completed its best pre-conference campaign in program history at 10-1.
- Boise State has a balanced offensive attack and has had three or more players reach double-figure scoring in 12 of the first 15 games ... they are 10-2 in those 12 contests with the UNLV loss snapping the streak at 10.
- Balanced attack with nine players having scored double-digit points this season, six have led the team in scoring at least once ... no one has led the team in scoring more than five times (Brooke Pahukoa).
- The Broncos currently have four players averaging double-digit points led by Brooke Pahukoa (14.2 ppg) followed by Shalen Shaw (11.2 ppg), Marta Hermida and Marijke Vanderschaaf each add 10.1 ppg ... five players average 8.8 or more points per game.
- Four Broncos have reached double-digit points at least eight times each with a high of 11 by Shaw.
- Boise State is second in the MW for 3-point percentage as a team at .359 to rank 43rd nationally ... they are 23rd in the nation for total 3-pointers made at 134 and 11th nationally for 3-pointers made per game at 8.9, both lead the MW.
- Defensively, Boise State leads the MW and is ranked 25th nationally in 3-point defense holding opponents to 26.8 percent from beyond the arc.
- On the year the Broncos have three of the top-15 3-point shooters in the MW: Brooke Pahukoa and Riley Lupfer are tied for seventh at 40 percent, while Shalen Shaw (.340) is 15th.
- Head coach Gordy Presnell hit the 600 career wins milestone against Portland (Dec. 18), Presnell is the 32nd coach in NCAA DI history to hit the mark ... he now has 603 wins.
- Yaiza Rodriguez has dished out nine or more assists in six contests to date and six or more in 12 games ... she has three with 10-plus.
- Rodriguez leads the MW and is eighth nationally in assists per game at 7.4.
- Rodriguez set the school’s career assists record earlier this fall at 452 and has since stretched it out to 535.
- Rodriguez is the first Bronco and seventh individual in MW history to reach the 500 assists milestone ... had eight versus Hawaii (Dec. 20) to reach milestone.
- Rodriguez is now fifth in MW history for career assists at 535, 11 short of fourth.
- Brooke Pahukoa leads the team and ranks seventh in the MW for points per game at 14.2 ... she has eight games in double-digit points, four with 20-plus, including 20 in the win at Colorado State (Dec. 31).
- Brooke Pahukoa has moved into 12th all-time (1,116) for career points at Boise State, 47 short of 11th.
- Brooke Pahukoa is tied for seventh in the MW for 3-point percentage at .400 and is second in the league for 3-pointers per game at 2.3.
- Brooke Pahukoa has a streak of 21 straight games of making at least one 3-pointer.
- Shalen Shaw is second on team and 16th in MW for scoring at 11.2 points per game ... she leads the team and is tied for 10th in MW for rebounds at 7.4 per game.
- Shaw tallied a team-high eight rebounds against Concordia (Dec. 7) to reach the 500 career rebounds milestone ... she currently stands at 559 to rank 16th all-time at Boise State, 21 short of sole possession of 15th.
- Marijke Vanderschaaf is averaging 6.6 rebounds per game (2nd on team / 14th MW) and has 10 games with six or more boards ... she had a career-high 11 in win at Colorado State (Dec. 31).
- Vanderschaaf has scored double-figure points in eight of the last 11 contests including a career-high 22 at San Diego State (Jan. 7).