Broncos Head to Las Vegas to Face UNLV
Boise State looks to get back on track when it hits the road to face the Rebels Wednesday night.
Deanna Weaver leads the MW and is 14th nationally in 3-point percentage.
Jan. 13, 2015
- Boise State (10-4, 2-1 MW) at UNLV (5-9, 2-1 MW)
- Jan. 14, 2015 at 8 p.m. (Mountain Time)
- Las Vegas, Nev. (Cox Pavilion)
- Ninth Meeting in Series
- Game: Boise State (10-4, 2-1 MW) hits the road for a Wednesday night encounter at UNLV (5-9, 2-1 MW) in Cox Pavilion at 8 p.m. (Mountain).
- Next Up: The Broncos return to Boise to host the New Mexico Lobos (6-9, 2-2 MW) at 2 p.m. Saturday in Taco Bell Arena.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women’s games this season. Chris Lewis returns for his second season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
SETTING THE SCENE
- Preseason MW Poll: The preseason coaches/media poll selected the Broncos second, while UNLV was projected sixth.
- Boise State’s Record: The Broncos are currently 10-4 overall and 2-1 in MW play, tied with UNLV and Nevada for third.
- Recently for Boise State: The Broncos defeated Colorado State 75-65 (Dec. 31) in the MW opener in Boise followed by a 63-53 win at Utah State (Jan. 3) ... most recently the Broncos lost 64-59 at home to Wyoming (Jan. 10).
- UNLV’s Record: The Rebels enter the game at 5-9 on the year and 2-1 in league play.
- Recently for UNLV: The Rebels are 2-1 in league play defeating Wyoming 58-55 at home, followed by a road split losing 71-62 at Nevada before defeating San Jose State 72-68 in overtime.
- Boise State at Home: The Broncos are 7-1 at home in 2014-15 ... they went 11-4 in Taco Bell Arena last year and are now 279-145 (.658 pct.) all-time in Taco Bell Arena.
- Boise State on the Road: The Broncos are 3-3 on the road in 2014-15.
- UNLV at Home: The Rebels are solid at home in Las Vegas where they are 4-2 this year.
- UNLV on the Road: The Rebels have struggled on the road going 1-7 this season.
- Bronco Leaders: Deanna Weaver leads the team at 14 points (MW 9th) and second-best 6.0 rebounds (MW 15th) per game ... Miquelle Askew is next in scoring at 10.6 ppg, Keiahnna Engel adds 8.6 ppg ... Camille Redmon leads on the glass at 6.3 rebounds per game (MW 12th) and in blocks at 2.1 bpg (MW 3rd/NCAA 52nd).
- Rebel Leaders: Danielle Miller leads the MW and is 41st nationally in scoring on the year at 19.1 points per game ... Alana Cesarz is next at 16.3 ppg (MW 4th) and team-high 8.4 rebounds per game (MW 2nd).
- Boise State as a Team: Offensively, Boise State is averaging 71 points (MW 2nd/NCAA 76th) and 40.4 rebounds (MW 5th) per game ... Defensively, the Broncos are second in the league allowing 58.5 points (NCAA 65th) and 34.4 rebounds (MW 1st) per game.
- UNLV as a Team: Offensively, the Rebels average 70.6 points (MW 3rd) and 44.8 rebounds (MW 1st) per game ... Defensively, they are allowing 73.5 ppg (MW 9th) and 40.9 rpg (MW 9th).
- The Coaches: Kathy Olivier is now in her seventh season as head coach at UNLV where she is 89-112, her career mark is 321-320 in 22 years. Gordy Presnell is in his 10th season at Boise State where he is 164-131 and 560-258 in his 28th season all-time.
- All-Time Record: This is the ninth meeting all-time between the Rebels and Broncos with the series tied at 4-4.
- Current Streak: Boise State swept UNLV last year for the current two-game win streak ... the Broncos won 79-49 in Boise followed by a 75-72 win in Las Vegas.
- MW Series: UNLV leads the conference series 4-2 since Boise State joined the league for the 2011-12 campaign.
- Series in Las Vegas: Boise State leads the all-time series 3-2 for games played at Las Vegas.
- Mountain West Conference: Boise State is 102-81 all-time against the current membership of the Mountain West; however, they are 23-26 in MW contests.
The Last Meeting
February 22, 2014
Las Vegas, Nev.
Boise State Wins Thriller 75-72 at UNLV
Lexie Der's 19 points led Boise State to a thrilling 75-72 road victory at UNLV Saturday afternoon in a Mountain West Conference women's basketball game at Las Vegas.