Brooke Pahukoa leads the Broncos averaging 16.3 points per game.
Jan. 12, 2016
Nevada (2-13, 1-3 MW) at Boise State (8-6, 1-2 MW)
- Facts: Wednesday, Jan. 6 | 7 p.m. (Mountain) | Boise, Idaho (Taco Bell Arena)
- Parking: Free parking is available in the Albertsons Stadium Parking Lots
- Admission: Adults: $6 | Senior Citizens (62 YOA): $4 | Youth: $4 | Boise State Students: Free with student ID card
- Live Video | Live Audio | Live Stats | Twitter
- The Game: Boise State (8-6, 1-2 MW) is home for a mid-week encounter with the Nevada Wolf Pack (2-13, 1-3 MW) at 7 p.m. (Mountain) Wednesday night at Taco Bell Arena.
- Next Up: Boise State will travel to San Diego, Calif., on Saturday to face the San Diego State Aztecs (6-8, 1-2 MW) in conference action at 3 p.m. (Mountain).
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women’s games this season. Chris Lewis returns for his third season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can also listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
Nevada | Wednesday, Jan. 13 | Boise, Idaho
Nevada Scouting Report
- Record: Nevada enters the week at 2-13 overall and 1-3 in MW play ... the Wolf Pack are coming off a 68-57 home victory over Air Force last Saturday.
- Preseason Poll: The Wolf Pack were picked to place 10th out of 11 teams in the MW preseason coaches’/media poll.
- Nevada Leaders: Nyasha Lesure leads Nevada at 12.4 points (10th MW) and 5.9 rebounds (t-10th MW) per game ... Stephanie Schmid adds 10.3 points per game.
- Nevada as a Team: Nevada is averaging 56.2 points (10th MW) per game and allows 68.5 (8th MW) ... they are shooting 38 percent (8th MW) from the floor, 30.7 percent (6th MW) from 3-point range and 66.1 percent (7th MW) from the free-throw line ... defensively the Wolf Pack holds opponents to 44 percent (10th MW) from the floor and 30.7 percent (6th MW) from beyond the arc.
Boise State Scouting Report
- Record: The Broncos enter Wednesday’s game at 8-6 overall and 1-2 in MW play ... they are coming off a tough five-point 62-57 loss at Fresno State (Jan. 9) preceded by a 84-78 overtime victory over Utah State (Jan. 6) in Boise.
- Bronco Leaders: Boise State is led by Brooke Pahukoa averaging 16.3 points (4th MW) and 5.7 rebounds (18th MW) per game ... Shalen Shaw is next at 12.6 points (9th MW) and team-high 8.2 rebounds (4th MW) per game, she leads the MW in league contests averaging 12.3 rebounds per game ... Miquelle Askew adds 11.7 points (t-13th MW) per game and 5.5 rebounds (19th MW).
- As a Team: Boise State averages 70.6 points (2nd MW) per game and is shooting 43.2 percent (1st MW/56th NCAA) from the floor, 33.1 percent (1st MW) from the 3-point arc and 76.1 percent (1st MW/12th NCAA) from the free-throw line ... defensively, the Broncos are holding teams to 63.6 points per game (5th MW) on 39.5 percent (6th MW) shooting from the floor and 29.4 percent (3rd MW) from beyond the arc.
- Preseason Poll: Boise State who went 22-11 overall and 11-7 (4th) in the Mountain West Conference during 2014-15 was picked to place third out of 11 teams in this year’s MW preseason poll.
- MW Champs: Boise State won the 2015 MW Tournament and advanced to the NCAA first round where the Broncos fell 72-61 at Tennessee.
- Record: This is the oldest rivalry for the Broncos in the MW with this being the 50th meeting all-time between the two programs ... the Broncos lead 34-15 overall and 4-1 in MW league play.
- In Boise: The Broncos lead the series 20-4 all-time in games played at Boise.
- Last Year: The two squads met only once last year with the Broncos winning 51-47 at Reno on Feb. 21, 2015.
- Boise State vs. Mountain West: The Broncos are 115-90 all-time versus the current membership of the Mountain West Conference.
- Boise State has lost six games this season, all by five points or less and by a combined total of 21 points ... twice by two points, once by three, once by four and twice by five.
- In the pair of two point losses the Broncos had chances to tie or win with last second shots.
- Presnell Sets Record: Head coach Gordy Presnell in his 11th season at Boise State set the school record for most wins by a coach at Portland on Dec. 6 with his 180th victory ... he is currently 184-144.
- Career Record: Coach Presnell is currently 580-271 (.682) overall in his 29th season as a collegiate head coach.
- National Standing: Coach Presnell entered 2015-16 as the 32nd winningest active coach in the NCAA (all divisions) with 572 wins (now 580), 19th among active NCAA Division I coaches ... he was also ranked 33rd for best win percentage among current division I coaches at .684.
- Most Conference Wins: Coach Presnell set the program record for wins in conference games last year when the Broncos defeated Colorado State (Dec. 31, 2014) giving him 74 ... the record now stands at 85.
- Most Games Coached: Coach Presnell set the school record for games coached at Boise State when the Broncos tipped at San Diego State (Feb. 7, 2015) in his 302 game ... the record is now at 328.
ASKEW HITS 1,000 POINTS
- The Milestone: Senior center Miquelle Askew hit the 1,000-point milestone on Dec. 13 at home against Concordia (Ore.) when she scored 23 points to give her 1,002 ... she currently has 1,065, 13th overall.
- The Club: Askew is the 17th Bronco to hit 1,000 career points.
ASKEW JOINS 1,000 POINTS/500 REBOUNDS CLUB
- The Milestone: Miquelle Askew recorded three rebounds during the first quarter at Colorado State (Jan. 2) to reach 500 in her career and join the 1,000 points/500 rebounds club ... she currently has 1,065 points and 513 rebounds.
- The Club: Askew is the 11th Bronco all-time to join the club.
ASKEW HITS 500 REBOUNDS
- Miquelle Askew recorded nine rebounds at Colorado State (Jan. 2) to reach the 500 rebound club at Boise State ... she currently sits at 513, 18th all-time on the career list.
- She is the 20th Bronco all-time to record 500 career rebounds.
PAHUKOA AMONG THE BEST FROM FREE-THROW LINE
- Boise State junior Brooke Pahukoa is among the best free throw shooters all-time at Boise State shooting 84.1 percent (127-151) which would be a new school record if her career was over ... current record is .823 by Nadia Begay (2003-07).
- Last year she had a streak of 30 straight from the line, second longest all-time two short of tying record.
- This year she saw a streak of 23 consecutive free throws dating back to the last eight made at Eastern Washington (Dec. 21) end at Fresno State (Jan. 9).
- This year she is shooting 80.4 percent fifth in MW.
BRONCOS ARE 12TH IN NCAA
- As a team the Broncos lead the MW and are ranked 12th in the nation for free throw percentage at 76.1 percent.
- If the season was over today that would be a new Boise State record, the current high is 74.2 percent in 2011-12.
RODRIGUEZ & PAHUKOA HIT 100TH TREYS
- 100 Treys: Yaiza Rodriguez Ortego became the 11th Bronco ever to make 100 or more 3-pointers in her career, while Brooke Pahukoa is the 12th to reach the milestone.
- Rodriguez Ortego made a career-tying four 3-pointers at Colorado State (Jan. 2) to reach the milestone giving her 101 ... she currently sits tied for 11th place all-time with 104.
- Brooke Pahukoa hit five 3-pointers at Fresno State (Jan. 9) to put her over the 100 career mark ... she now stands at 104, tied for 11th.
PAHUKOA LEADS THE BRONCOS
- Junior guard Brooke Pahukoa opened the season a little slow offensively scoring a combined total of nine points in the first two contests of the season.
- She has found her touch since recording double-figure points in nine of 11 contests since to average 18.5 points per game, she missed the Washington State game because of illness.
- On the year she averages a team-high 16.3 points (4th MW) per game on the season and 17.7 ppg in league (3rd MW).
- On the year she leads the MW in 3-point percentage hitting 48.5 percent, seventh nationally.
SHAW ON THE GLASS
- Boise State sophomore Shalen Shaw has been a force on the boards this year leading the team averaging 8.2 per game (4th MW) and 12.3 rpg (1st MW) during league competition.
- She has recorded six or more rebounds in 11 games to date.
- She has recorded four consecutive games in double-digit rebounds with 13 at Eastern Washington (Dec. 21), 12 in the next game at Colorado State (Jan. 2), a career-high 15th against Utah State (Jan. 6) and 10 at Fresno State (Jan. 9).
- Has led or tied for the team high in rebounds 10 times this year.