Broncos Host Wyoming on Saturday
Boise State will host the Wyoming Cowgirls at 2 p.m. in Taco Bell Arena.
Jan. 9, 2015
Bronco Weekly: Head coach Gordy Presnell explains how the Broncos have found so much success in the last month, and looks ahead to a conference matchup against Wyoming.
The Last Meeting
March 11, 2014
Las Vegas, Nev.
Boise State Rally Falls Short at MW Tournament
Boise State's rally from 10 points down came up short as the Broncos lost 61-56 to the Wyoming Cowgirls Tuesday afternoon in the Reese's Mountain West Basketball Championships in Las Vegas.
- Wyoming (6-7, 1-2 MW) at Boise State (10-3, 2-0 MW)
- Jan. 10, 2015 at 2 p.m. (Mountain Time)
- Boise, Idaho (Taco Bell Arena)
- 15th Meeting in Series
- Game: Boise State (10-3, 2-0 MW) returns home to host the Wyoming Cowgirls (6-7, 1-2 MW) in Mountain West Conference action at 2 p.m. (Mountain) Saturday in Taco Bell Arena.
- Next Up: The Broncos will travel to Las Vegas, Nev., Wednesday to face the UNLV Lady Rebels (4-9, 1-1 MW) at 8 p.m. (Mountain).
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women’s games this season. Chris Lewis returns for his second season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
SETTING THE SCENE
- Preseason MW Poll: Boise State was picked to place second in this year’s league race, while Wyoming was selected third.
- Schedule Note: With the 18-game conference schedule, Boise State and Wyoming will meet only once during the regular season.
- Boise State’s Record: The Broncos are currently 10-3 overall and 2-0 in MW play.
- Recently for Boise State: The Broncos have won five straight and eight of their last nine contests ... recently they defeated Colorado State 75-65 (Dec. 31) in the MW opener in Boise followed by a 63-53 win at Utah State (Jan. 3).
- Wyoming’s Record: The Cowgirls enter the game at 6-7 on the year and 1-2 in league play.
- Recently for Wyoming: The Cowgirls are 1-2 in league play falling 58-55 at UNLV, followed by a 96-60 home victory over San Jose State and a 58-55 home loss Wednesday to Colorado State.
- Boise State at Home: The Broncos are 7-0 at home in 2014-15 and have an active nine-game win streak dating back to 2013-14 ... they went 11-4 in Taco Bell Arena last year and are now 279-144 (.660 pct.) all-time in Taco Bell Arena.
- Boise State on the Road: The Broncos are 3-3 on the road in 2014-15.
- Wyoming at Home: The Cowgirls have gone 4-3 at home this season ... Boise State will not play at Wyoming in 2015.
- Wyoming on the Road: Wyoming is currently 2-4 on the road this season, 1-3 on the opponent’s floor and 1-1 on neutral courts.
- Bronco Leaders: Deanna Weaver leads the team at 13.5 points (MW 9th) and second-best 5.9 rebounds (MW 14th) per game ... Miquelle Askew is next in scoring at 10.4 ppg, Keiahnna Engel adds 8.9 ppg ... Camille Redmon leads on the glass at 6.3 rebounds per game (MW 12th) and in blocks at 2.1 bpg (MW 3rd/NCAA 49th).
- Cowgirl Leaders: Marquelle Dent leads the Cowgirls on the year at 17.5 points per game (MW 2nd/NCAA 73rd) ... the MW Preseason Player of the Year Kayla Woodward follows at 14.4 points (MW 7th) and team-high 8.1 rebounds (MW t-2nd) per game, while Kaitlyn Mileto averages 11.3 ppg.
- Boise State as a Team: Offensively, Boise State is averaging 71.9 points (MW 2nd/NCAA 69th) and 40.7 rebounds (MW 5th) per game ... Defensively, the Broncos are second in the league allowing 58.1 points (NCAA 61st) and 33.9 rebounds (MW 1st) per game ... the Broncos have averaged 82.6 points per game during its five-game win streak and have allowed 57.6 per game for a +25 in scoring margin.
- Wyoming as a Team: Offensively, the Cowgirls average 69.5 points (MW 4th) and 41.3 rebounds (MW 4th) per game ... Defensively, they are allowing 60 ppg (MW 3rd) and 40.5 rpg (MW 9th).
- The Coaches: Joe Legerski is now in his 12th season as head coach at Wyoming where he is 222-133, his career mark is the same. Gordy Presnell is in his 10th season at Boise State where he is 164-130 and 560-257 in his 28th season all-time.
- All-Time Record: This is the 15th meeting all-time between the Cowgirls and Broncos with the series tied at 7-7.
- Current Streak: Wyoming won 61-56 the last time these two met in the quarterfinals of the MW tournament at Las Vegas last March.
- MW Series: The conference series is tied at 3-3 since Boise State joined the league for the 2011-12 campaign.
- Series in Boise: Boise State leads the series in games played at Boise 6-0 ... neither team has ever won on the others floor in this series all-time ... the Broncos are 0-6 in Laramie.
- Mountain West Conference: Boise State is 102-80 all-time against the current membership of the Mountain West; however, they are 23-25 in MW contests.