Broncos Host UNLV Wednesday
This is the lone meeting of the regular season between the Broncos and Lady Rebels.
Jan. 3, 2017
NEXT UP FOR THE BRONCOS
Boise State Notes
Follow the Broncos On Social Media
A QUICK LOOK AT UNLV GAME
- The Game: The Broncos (12-1, 2-0 MW) return home to host the UNLV Lady Rebels (9-5, 0-2 MW) Wednesday night at 7 p.m. (Mountain) in Taco Bell Arena.
- Next Up: Boise State heads to San Diego State for a 3 p.m. (MT) encounter with the Aztecs on Saturday at Viejas Arena.
- Schedule Note: This is the only time the Broncos will face UNLV and SDSU this season in the MW’s 18-game conference schedule.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women’s games throughout the season. Chris Lewis is in his fourth season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can also listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
- Watch Live: The game will be broadcast live on the internet via the Mountain West Network on BroncoSports.com.
- Boise State is on a four-game win streak and is coming off a pair of victories last week to open conference play defeating Utah State 76-56 in Boise (Dec. 29) before downing Colorado State 51-45 in Fort Collins (Dec. 31).
- Brooke Pahukoa leads Boise State averaging 14.2 points per game (9th MW) ... Shalen Shaw adds 11.8 points (15th MW) and team-high 7.4 rebounds (11th MW) per game.
- Boise State ranks 36th nationally in 3-point percentage at .368 and is 10th in 3-pointers made per game at 9.1 ... the Broncos average 73.1 points per game, first in the Mountain West and 67th nationally.
- UNLV is 9-5 overall and 0-2 in MW play ... the Lady Rebels lost both games last week to open MW play falling at home to Colorado State 57-37, followed by a 79-57 defeat at Wyoming on Saturday.
- Dakota Gonzalez leads UNLV averaging 12.6 points (11th MW) and 5.1 rebounds per game ... Brooke Johnson adds 11.1 points (16th MW) and 4.1 rebounds.
- UNLV averages 62.9 points (7th MW) per game on the year, allows 58.8 ppg (4th MW) and is shooting 37.5 percent (10th MW) from the floor as a team and 30.8 percent (6th MW) from beyond the arc.
- This will be the 15th meeting in the series all-time which is tied at 7-7, UNLV leads the MW regular-season series 6-4.
- The Lady Rebels won 2-of-3 encounters last year taking a regular season contest and a MW Tournament game in Las Vegas, while Boise State won in Boise.
BRONCO FASTBREAK NOTES
- Boise State just completed its best pre-conference campaign in program history at 10-1.
- The Broncos opened conference play by sweeping two last weekend over Utah State (76-56) in Boise, followed by a win at Colorado State (51-45) to improve to 12-1 overall and 2-0 in league.
- The 12-1 overall start is tied for the best start in program history after 13 games, since the 1974-75 squad (no conference affiliation) set the school record at 12-0 before dropping to 12-1 ... the 1971-72 and 1973-74 teams also went 12-1.
- Boise State has a balanced offensive attack and has had three or more players reach double-figure scoring in 10 of the first 13 games ... they are undefeated in those 10 contests.
- Balanced Attack: Nine players have scored double-digit points this season, six have led the team in scoring at least once ... no one has led the team in scoring more than four times (Brooke Pahukoa).
- The Broncos currently have two players averaging double-digit points led by Brooke Pahukoa (14.2 ppg) and Shalen Shaw (11.8 ppg) ... six players average 8.0 or more points per game.
- Boise State is second in the MW for 3-point percentage as a team at .368 to rank 36th nationally ... they are 15th in the nation for total 3-pointers made at 118 and 10th nationally for 3-pointers made per game at 9.1, both lead the MW.
- On the year the Broncos have four of the top-15 3-point shooters in the MW: Brooke Pahukoa (.393) is eighth, Shalen Shaw (.386) in ninth, and Marta Hermida (.373) is 11th and Riley Lupfer (.368) is 12th.
- Head coach Gordy Presnell hit the 600 career wins milestone against Portland (Dec. 18), Presnell is the 32nd coach in NCAA DI history to hit the mark ... he now has 603 wins.
- Yaiza Rodriguez has dished out nine or more assists in five contests to date and six or more in 10 games.
- Rodriguez is second in the MW and 10th nationally in assists per game at 7.2.
- Rodriguez set the school’s career assists record earlier this fall at 452 and has since stretched it out to 517.
- Rodriguez is the first Bronco and seventh individual in MW history to reach the 500 assists milestone ... had eight versus Hawaii (Dec. 20) to reach milestone.
- Rodriguez is now in fifth place in MW history for career assists at 517, 29 short of fourth.
- Brooke Pahukoa leads the team and ranks ninth in the MW for points per game at 14.2 ... she has six games in double-digit points, four with 20-plus, including 20 in the win at Colorado State.
- Brooke Pahukoa has moved into 13th all-time (1,087) for career points at Boise State, five short of 12th.
- Brooke Pahukoa is ninth in the MW for 3-point percentage at .393 and is fourth in the league for 3-pointers per game at 2.2.
- Shalen Shaw is second on team and 15th in MW for scoring at 11.8 points per game ... she leads the team and is 11th in MW for rebounds at 7.4 per game.
- Shaw tallied a team-high eight rebounds against Concordia (Dec. 7) to reach the 500 career rebounds milestone ... she currently stands at 544 to rank 18th all-time at Boise State, five short of 17th and nine short of 16th.
- Marijke Vanderschaaf is averaging 6.7 rebounds per game (2nd on team / 14th MW) and has nine games with six or more boards ... she had a career-high 11 in win at Colorado State (Dec. 31).
- Vanderschaaf has scored double-figure points in seven of the last nine contests including a career-high 17 in the win over Portland (Dec. 18).