Boise State Closes Nonconference Slate Against College of Idaho
Boise State (6-6) closes its nonconference schedule with the NAIA's No. 22 ranked College of Idaho (9-5, 5-1 Cascade Collegiate Conference) this Wednesday night at 7 p.m. (Mountain) in Taco Bell Arena.
College of Idaho (9-5, 5-1 CCC) at Boise State (6-6, 0-0 MW)
Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2013, at 7 p.m. (Mountain)
Boise, Idaho (Taco Bell Arena)
Live Audio and Video WHAT'S HAPPENING
- THIS WEEKEND: Boise State (6-6) closes its nonconference schedule with the NAIA's No. 22 ranked College of Idaho (9-5, 5-1 Cascade Collegiate Conference) this Wednesday night at 7 p.m. (Mountain) in Taco Bell Arena.
- BOISE STATE'S RECORD: The Broncos enter the week at 6-6 overall, 3-3 at home and 3-3 on the road.
- BOISE STATE TO REMAIN IN MOUNTAIN WEST: Boise State University President Robert Kustra announced on Monday, Dec. 31, that the Broncos will remain a member of the Mountain West Conference in all sports. Boise State was scheduled to move football to the Big East Conference and most of the other sports to the Big West Conference next year (2013-14).
FOLLOW THE BRONCOS
- RADIO: All of the Broncos' games will be carried live on the radio at KTIK (AM 1350) with Chris King providing the play-by-play, broadcasts begin at the top of the hour unless otherwise noted.
- LIVE STATS: Live stats are available for all home games at BroncoSports.com by utilizing the "multimedia" link. For road games please refer to the host school's web site.
- INTERNET AUDIO: Live audio is available at no cost for all Boise State home and road games by utilizing the "multimedia" link at BroncoSports.com.
- INTERNET VIDEO: Live video is available for Bronco home games which includes the audio feed on BroncoSports.com, but requires a subscription.
- THE SERIES: Wednesday's game will be the 12th regular season meeting all-time in the series between these two Treasure Valley schools with the Broncos holding a 11-0 advantage.
- THE LAST TIME: These two have met in the regular season only once since the mid-70's with Boise State defeating the C of I 89-53 in Taco Bell Arena on Jan. 1, 2011.
- SERIES NOTE: Though Boise State will count this game and the 2011 contest as a regular season result, both games are considered exhibitions by the College of Idaho and do not count towards its season records.
- VERSUS THE CCC ALL-TIME: Boise State is 28-2 all-time against the current membership of the Cascade Collegiate Conference. The Broncos are 11-0 versus College of Idaho, 14-2 versus Eastern Oregon, 2-0 versus Western Oregon and 1-0 against Southern Oregon.
- RECENTLY FOR BOISE STATE: The Broncos defeated South Dakota 52-50 in Boise on Dec. 22, then fell at No. 30 Syracuse 87-48 last Sunday, Dec. 30.
- COLLEGE OF IDAHO'S RECORD: The Coyotes enter the game 9-5 overall and 5-1 in CCC play.
- RECENTLY FOR COLLEGE OF IDAHO: The Coyotes have won three straight, all before Christmas, including a 95-82 road win at Southern Oregon (Dec. 15) followed by home wins over Northwest 77-59 (Dec. 21) and Evergreen 76-58 (Dec. 22), all-three were league contests.
- BRONCOS AT HOME: The Broncos are 3-3 in home games this year in Taco Bell Arena. They finished last year 10-7 overall at home, their all-time mark is now 257-135 (.656 pct.) since the facility opened in the fall of 1982.
- BRONCOS ON THE ROAD: Boise State is currently 3-3 on the road this year including a 87-48 loss at No. 30 Syracuse on Dec. 30.
- LEADING THE BRONCOS: Boise State is led by senior forward Lauren Lenhardt ranked fifth in the MW averaging 14.5 points and 7.4 rebounds (3rd MW) per game. She was named MW Player of the week for the first two weeks of the season. Junior guard Brandi Henton is adding 8.9 ppg and Miquelle Askew at 8.3 ppg.
- LEADING THE COYOTES: Felicity Jones leads the College of Idaho in scoring averaging 12.8 points per game followed by Chakala Carthen at 12.3 ppg, while Laura Geis leads on the glass at 9.3 rebounds per game.
- COMPARING THE TEAMS: Boise State features the MW's fifth ranked scoring offense at 64.6 points to go with 40.6 rebounds (5th MW) per game, against the C of I offense that averages 67.9 ppg and 39.9 rpg. Defensively, the Broncos are holding teams to 67.3 ppg (6th MW) while the Coyotes allow 60.4 ppg.
- PRESEASON POLLS: Boise State was picked to place seventh out of nine teams in the 2013 Mountain West race, while College of Idaho was selected third out of 10 schools in the Cascade Collegiate Conference's coaches poll.
- THE COACHES: Reagan Rossi is in her 12th season at College of Idaho where she is 215-137 overall. Gordy Presnell is in his eighth season at Boise State where he is 131-100 (.567 pct.), 527-227 (.700 pct.) in 25+ seasons all-time.