Men's Tennis Starts Mountain Regional in Las Vegas
Broncos are in Las Vegas for the USTA/ITA Mountain Region Championships
Thomas Tenreiro is seeded seventh at the regional in singles.
Oct. 15, 2014
USTA/ITA MOUNTAIN REGIONAL
- What’s Happening: Boise State is in Las Vegas, Nev., for the USTA/ITA Mountain Region Championships this week Oct. 15-19. Over 128 student-athletes are competing in this year’s regional representing schools from throughout the inter-mountain region of the United States. They are competing for titles in both singles and doubles with the winners advancing to next month’s USTA/ITA Collegiate Indoor National Championships in Flushing, N.Y.
- Location: The tournament is being held at the Darling Tennis Center in Las Vegas. The center is a private club and not affiliated with UNLV. The address is 7901 W Washington Ave, Las Vegas.
- Dates: The tournament runs Wednesday through Sunday. The action begins at approximately 11 a.m. (Mountain) each day.
- Live Scoring: Live scoring is not available for this event.
REPRESENTING THE BRONCOS
- Boise State is being represented by six members of the squad: Garrett Patton, Thomas Tenreiro, Brian Foley, Toby Mitchell, Brendan McClain and Danny Moyer.
- Garrett Patton: The senior from Boise enters the regional with a 2-2 singles mark and 2-3 doubles record. He will be competing in both singles and doubles at the regional.
- Thomas Tenreiro: The Miami, Fla., native is seeded seventh at the regional in singles. The junior currently has a 2-4 singles record and 0-1 doubles mark. Tenreiro will compete only in singles at Las Vegas.
- Brian Foley: The junior arrived in Las Vegas with a 2-2 record in singles and 2-1 mark in doubles, while paired with Lewis Roskilly. The Henderson, Nev., native will be playing in both singles and doubles at the regional, however, he will be paired with Toby Mitchell in doubles.
- Toby Mitchell: The junior from Somerset, England, is 3-1 in singles and 0-1 in doubles this fall entering the regional. He will be competing in both singles and doubles.
- Brendan McClain: McClain, a sophomore from Ventura, Calif., has a 3-3 singles mark and 2-3 doubles record this fall. He will be competing in both stages of the tournament.
- Danny Moyer: The freshman will be competing in singles only at Las Vegas. He enters the tournament at 3-1 in singles after winning the consolation singles title at the Dar Walters Tennis Classic in Boise Oct. 3-5.
THE BOISE STATE SCHEDULE
Wednesday, Oct. 15 (All times listed are MOUNTAIN)
- Singles - First Round (128) Matches
- Rd. 128 Brian Foley (BSU) vs. Peter O’Donovan (Nevada) at 11 a.m.
- Rd. 128 Thomas Tenreiro (BSU) vs. BYE
- Rd. 128 Garrett Patton (BSU) vs. BYE
- Rd. 128 Danny Moyer (BSU) vs. Jaime Barajas (Utah State) at 12:30 p.m.
- Rd. 128 Toby Mitchell (BSU) vs. BYE
- Rd. 128 Brendan McClain (BSU) vs. BYE
- Rd. 64 Thomas Tenreiro (BSU) vs. Semion Branzburg (Montana) or Billy Bumgardner (Nevada) at 3:30 p.m.
- Rd. 64 Garrett Patton (BSU) vs. Peter Mimnagh-Fleming (Montana) or Niklas Brandes (Montana State) at 5 p.m.
- Rd. 64 Toby Mitchell (BSU) vs. Marcus Fritz (Utah State) or Justin archer (Utah) at 5 p.m.
- Rd. 64 Brendan McClain (BSU) vs. Dillon Launius (Air Force) or Felipe Fonseca (Idaho) at 5 p.m.
- Doubles - First Round (64) Matches
- Rd. 64 Foley/Mitchell (BSU) vs. Moez Chargui/Robert Margitfalvi (Nevada) at 10 a.m.
- Rd. 64 McClain/Patton (BSU) vs. BYE