April 20, 2016
Gonzaga (5-13, 2-2 WCC) at No. 60 Boise State (16-9, 5-2 MW)
Boise, Idaho (Appleton Tennis Center)
April 23, 2016 at 10 a.m. (Mountain)
Idaho (14-5, 8-2 BSC) at No. 60 Boise State (16-9, 5-2 MW)
Boise, Idaho (Appleton Tennis Center)
April 23, 2016 at 6 p.m. (Mountain)
Live Scoring | Boise State Stats
- Parking for both matches is FREE and will be in the west stadium lot by Bronco Gym.
- Patrons will need to print off a ticket from one of the kiosks located throughout the lot and place on your dash.
- Please remember your parking space number since it will have to be entered at the kiosk.
- You will be able to select parking for the tennis match at the kiosk and there will be no cost.
ADMISSION to all Boise State tennis matches is free.
RECENTLY FOR THE BRONCOS
- Boise State closes the regular season this Saturday when the Broncos host the Gonzaga Bulldogs and the Idaho Vandals at the Appleton Tennis Center on campus.
- The weekend’s action will begin at 10 a.m. (Mountain) on Saturday with an encounter versus Gonzaga, followed by the regular season finale and Senior Night match at 6 p.m. against Idaho ... in between the two contests will be a Boise State women’s tennis match at 2 p.m. against the Utah State Aggies.
- Boise State enters the week ranked 60th nationally, up eight spots from last week, by the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) at 16-9 overall and 5-2 in league ... the Broncos are 8-1 at home this season.
- The Broncos have won nine of their last 11 contests overall.
- Boise State finished its regular season road schedule at 5-6 when playing on the opponents’ home courts and went 8-8 overall which includes neutral site matches.
- The blue and orange has played 12 ITA nationally ranked teams so far this season going 6-6 in those encounters, including three straight wins over No. 51 UC Santa Barbara, No. 67 Cal Poly and No. 70 New Mexico.
OPPONENT(S) PREVIEW FOR THIS WEEK
- The Broncos won a pair of dominating Mountain West Conference home victories this past weekend defeating both San Diego State on Friday and UNLV on Sunday by 4-1 scores.
- Thomas Tenreiro rallied from 5-1 down in set one to clinch Boise State’s 4-1 victory over San Diego State ... Boise State was impressive in its win over the Aztecs claiming the doubles point 2-1, then finishing it off with singles victories from Kyle Butters, Toby Mitchell and Tenreiro.
- Boise State closed conference play with a impressive victory over UNLV April 17 ... for the fourth time in the last six matches Toby Mitchell recorded the clinching point with his win at No. 3 singles to give the Broncos victory ... Boise State opened the day by taking the doubles point, then followed with three straight set singles wins by Kyle Butters, Thomas Tenreiro and Mitchell.
REPRESENTING THE BRONCOS THIS WEEK
- The Bulldogs (5-13, 2-2 WCC) split their last four matches and are coming in off a 4-0 victory at home over Saint Mary’s last Friday ... they are led by Ruadhan O’Sullivan who is 13-5 in spring duals playing mainly at No. 2 singles and Jordan Smith at 17-10 on the year and 10-7 in spring duals.
- Idaho comes to town with a 14-5 overall record and 8-2 in Big Sky play, they have won three straight ... the Vandals are led by Odon Barta who is 11-8 in spring duals playing primarily at No.1 singles and Felipe Fonseca who is 13-5 this spring and 11-3 at No. 2 singles.
TOP BRONCO DOUBLES TEAM
- Kyle Butters: Butters has a team-best 11 match win streak in singles going and is 21-10 overall and 15-8 in doubles.
- Brian Foley: The senior is now 13-12 overall and 9-16 in doubles.
- Abe Hewko: The junior is currently 11-14 singles and 11-10 in doubles competition.
- Toby Mitchell: The senior from England is now 16-14 singles record and 15-8 doubles mark.
- Danny Moyer: The sophomore is 4-2 in singles overall and 4-2 in doubles matches.
- Pedro Platzeck: The freshman from Brazil joined the team during the winter break and is currently 11-8 in singles and 9-10 in doubles.
- Lewis Roskilly: The sophomore from England is 8-11 in singles and 11-15 in doubles.
- Thomas Tenreiro: The senior is 7-2 in spring duals at No. 2 singles, 16-3 in singles this year and 12-6 in doubles.
- Greg Wischer: The freshman is 2-1 in singles this year and 4-2 in doubles.
- Note: The players’ records are for the 2015-16 year.
- Kyle Butters and Toby Mitchell lead Boise State in doubles playing at the No. 1 position where they are 9-4 this spring in duals, they are 15-8 overall on the year ... they are the sixth ranked team in the ITA Mountain Region.
FOUR-TIME MOUNTAIN WEST CHAMPS
- Greg Patton is in his 20th season as head coach at Boise State where he is 439-175 overall in team duals, his career mark is 790-368 in 36 years.
- His 790 career wins ranks him first among active coaches ... the Broncos’ win over Southern Utah (Jan. 19) moved him into fourth-place all-time on the NCAA career list at 777.
NCAA NATIONAL TOURNAMENT
- The Broncos have never lost (11-0) at the Mountain West Tournament since joining the league for the 2011-12 campaign and are the four-time defending champions.
- Overall Boise State has won 16 conference titles, 14 under coach Patton’s leadership.
- Boise State advanced to the NCAA Tournament in 2015 for the 18th time in school history and the 10th time in the last 11 years.