BOISE, Idaho The No. 21 Boise State University men’s tennis team defeated Loyola Marymount 7-0, Saturday, at the Appleton Tennis Center to earn its second victory of the day and improve to 23-5 on the season.
The match began with Boise State sweeping the doubles point from Loyola Marymount.
Steve Robertson and Clancy Shields evened their record at No. 1 doubles to 4-4 as they ousted Sam Tadevosian and Jacek Twarowski 8-2.
Piotr Dilaj and Eric Roberson clinched the doubles point for Boise State as they defeated Nick Perez and Matt Phillips 8-3, at No. 2 doubles.
Stanley Sarapanich and Blake Boswell then followed with an 8-3 victory of their own over Renzo Maggi and Nico Terrien to give the Broncos the uncontested doubles point.
The Broncos then headed into singles up 1-0.
Clancy Shields earned his first career victory at No. 1 singles as he defeated Terrien in straight sets 6-4 and 6-3, to improve to his record to 22-11.
Boswell remained undefeated at the No. 2 position (6-0) as he ousted Tadevosian 6-1 and 6-4 for the victory.
Sarapanich recorded the clinching singles point as he downed Maggi in straight sets at No. 6, 6-2 and 6-3.
Roberson collected a win at No. 4 over Petrov 6-3 and 6-2, to extend his winning-streak to seven matches.
Werbeck followed with another win, as he defeated Matt Phillips at No. 5 singles 7-6 and 6-1, to extend his winning-streak to five.
Robertson capped off the match as he knocked off Twarowski 4-6, 6-3 and 10-7, to give Boise State the flawless victory.
Next, the Broncos will host Fresno State and Utah State in a double dual match Saturday, Apr. 14, at Appleton Tennis Center. The Fresno State match is scheduled for 10:30 a.m., followed by the Utah State match at 6:00 p.m.
Tennis Match Results
Boise State vs. Loyola Marymount
Appleton Tennis Center
4/07/2007 at Boise, Idaho
BOISE STATE 7, LOYOLA MARYMOUNT 0
1. Clancy Shields (BSU) def. Nico Terrien (LMU), 6-4, 6-3
2. Blake Boswell (BSU) def. Sam Tadevosian (LMU), 6-4, 6-1
3. Steve Robertson (BSU) def. Jacek Twarowski (LMU), 4-6, 6-3, 10-7
4. Eric Roberson (BSU) def. Nikola Petrov (LMU), 6-3, 6-2
5. Brent Werbeck (BSU) def. Matt Phillips (LMU), 7-6, 6-1
6. Stanley Sarapanich (BSU) def. Renzo Maggi (LMU), 6-2, 6-3
1. Clancy Shields/Steve Robertson (BSU) def. Sam Tadevosian/ Jacek Twarowski (LMU), 8-2
2. Piotr Dilaj/Eric Roberson (BSU) def. Nick Perez/ Matt Phillips (LMU), 8-3
3. Stanley Sarapanich/Blake Boswell (BSU) def. Nico Terrien/ Renzo Maggi (LMU), 8-3
Boise State record: 23-5
Loyola Marymount record: 6-12