BOISE, Idaho - The No. 23-ranked
Although doubles play took an hour and a half to complete, the Broncos came out victorious in all three matches, clinching the crucial doubles point. The first to earn a win was Clancy Shields and Stanley Sarapanich in the No. 2 match, defeating Graeme Kassautzki and Joe Wood, 8-4. In the No. 1 match, No. 50-ranked Kean Feeder and James Meredith clinched the doubles point with their 8-2 win over Johnny Parkes and Miles Bugby. Blane Shields and Matt Solomon were able to seal the doubles sweep when they defeated Elliot Chang and Ben Dunbar, 8-6, in the No. 3 match.
In singles play, the Lobos came out with a vengeance, looking to knock off the Broncos who had a 1-0 lead.
Bronco senior Clancy Shields rose to the occasion in his third set, overcoming Kassautzki 6-2, 6-7, 6-2 in the No. 2 match to tie up the team score 3-3. With the match on the line, freshman Blane Shields was able to fight off Phil Anderson in the No. 6 spot, winning 5-7, 7-5, 6-2 to clinch the team win for
The Broncos continue action at home on Thursday when they host the
Tennis Match Results
Apr 05, 2009 at
1. Johnny Parkes (NM) def. #70 Kean Feeder (BSU) 4-6, 6-2, 6-1
2. #26 Clancy Shields (BSU) def. Graeme Kassautzki (NM) 6-2, 6-7, 6-2
3. Miles Bugby (NM) def. #71 James Meredith (BSU) 6-3, 7-5
4. Cristian Hodel (BSU) def. Elliot Chang (NM) 6-4, 6-2
5. Ben Dunbar (NM) def.
6. Blane Shields (BSU) def. Phil Anderson (NM) 5-7, 7-5, 6-2
1. #50 Kean Feeder/James Meredith (BSU) def. Miles Bugby/Johnny Parkes (NM) 8-2
2. Clancy Shields/Stanley Sarapanich (BSU) def. Graeme Kassautzki/Joe Wood (NM) 8-4
3. Blane Shields/Matt Solomon (BSU) def. Elliot Chang/Ben Dunbar (NM) 8-6
Order of finish: Doubles (2,1,3); Singles (4,1,3,5,2,6)