Boise State Advances to Semifinals With Sweep Over Sacramento State
The Broncos earned victories in the No. 1 through No. 6 singles to advance.
Clancy Shields, ranked No. 70 nationally, began the match by dominating Anton Stryhas 6-0 and 6-3, at No. 2 singles to earn the first match point for
Brent Werbeck followed with a victory at No. 2 singles as he ousted Tim Lantin 6-2 and 6-2.
Blake Boswell put the Broncos up 3-0 as he handed Gabriel Loredo at 6-4 and 6-1, loss in the No. 3 position.
Luke Shields, No. 13 nationally, collected the clinching match point for Boise State at the No. 1 position as he defeated Xavier Barajas-Smith in straight sets 6-3 and 7-6 (9-7).
Eric Roberson captured a win at the No. 5 position over Warwick Foy 2-6, 6-3 and 10-4.
Piotr Dilaj capped off the match with a 6-4 and 7-6 (6) defeat of Ramon Perez.
Boise State Red Lion Spring Break Invitational
Mar. 28-31, 2007
1. Luke Shields d. Xavier Barajas-Smith, 6-3, 7-6 (9-7)
2. Clancy Shields d. Anton Stryhas, 6-0, 6-3
3. Blake Boswell d. Gabriel Loredo, 6-4, 6-1
4. Piotr Dilaj d. Ramon Perez, 6-4, 7-6(6)
5. Eric Roberson d.
6. Brent Werbeck d. Tim Lantin, 6-2, 6-2
1. Dilaj/L. Shields and Loredo/Stryhas
2. Sarapanich/C. Shields and Barajas-Smith/Van Dillen
3. Boswell/Roberson and Foy/Perez
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Staff Directory
- Bronco Sports Properties
- Media Relations
- Sports Medicine
- Blue Thunder Marching Band
- Spirit Squad
- Ticket Office
- Ticket Office Home
- My Account
- Buy Tickets
- Accessibility/ADA Info
- Student Ticket Info
- Student Rewards Program
- Seating Charts
- Chairback Rentals
Boise State Ticket Office
1910 University Drive - MS 1230
Boise, ID 83725
Hours & Contact
Monday - Thursday | 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday | 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m
Phone: (208) 426-4737
Fax: (208) 426-2229
- FAN ZONE