Boise State Advances to Semifinals After 4-3 Victory Over No. 16 South Alabama
The Broncos collected points in the No. 1, No. 2 and No. 6 singles as well as the doubles point to earn the victory.
Luke Shields, ranked No. 14 nationally, defeated No. 96 Dias Doskarayev in straight sets 7-5 and 6-3, as he improved to his record to 14-3 in dual match play.
No. 64 Clancy Shields defended No. 2 singles, as he earned victory over Jack Baker 6-4 and 6-4, to improve his record to 10-3.
At No. 6, Eric Roberson extended his winning-streak to five matches with a 6-2 and 6-3, straight set victory over Craig Dunne.
The two teams were tied 3-3 heading into doubles before
Clancy Shields and Steve Robertson ousted R.J. Nagel and Doskarayev 8-4, as the duo improved to 10-7.
Needing one more doubles win, the team turned to Blake Boswell and Roberson, who posted an 8-3, win over Dunne and Baker to secure the match for
Next the Broncos will face No. 14 Alabama in the semifinals of the Blue Gray Tennis Classic, Saturday, Mar. 17, at 12:30 p.m. (MT). Scoring updates will be available through bluegraytennis.com.
1. No. 14 Luke Shields d. No. 96 Dias Doskarayev, 7-5, 6-3
2. No. 64 Clancy Shields d. Jack Baker, 6-4, 6-4
3. No. 27 Marek Sramek d. Piotr Dilaj, 2-6, 7-6, 6-2
4. Robert Hodel d. Steve Robertson, 6-4, 6-3
5. R.J. Nagel d. Blake Boswell, 6-4, 6-1
6. Eric Roberson d. Craig Dunne, 6-2, 6-3
1. L. Shields/Dilaj and Hodel/Sramek, 5-6, DNF
2. C. Shields/Robertson d. Nagel/Doskarayev, 8-4
3. Boswell/Roberson d. Dunne/Baker, 8-3
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Staff Directory
- Bronco Sports Properties
- Media Relations
- Sports Medicine
- Blue Thunder Marching Band
- Spirit Squad
- Ticket Office
- Ticket Office Home
- Bowl Tickets
- My Account
- Buy Tickets
- Buy/Sell Tickets
- Accessibility/ADA Info
- Student Ticket Info
- Student Rewards Program
- Seating Charts
- Bronco Athletic Association
- BAA Home
- Bronco Luncheon Series
- Varsity B
- Boise State Hall of Fame
Boise State Ticket Office
1910 University Drive - MS 1230
Boise, ID 83725
Hours & Contact
Monday - Thursday | 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday | 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m
Phone: (208) 426-4737
Fax: (208) 426-2229
- FAN ZONE