The Broncos fought back from a 1-0 deficit after dropping the doubles point to Notre Dame, earning four wins in singles to top the Fighting Irish. The only Bronco doubles team to earn a victory was No. 41 Luke and Clancy Shields who topped Brett Helgeson and Sheeva Parbhu in the No. 1 position, 8-3.
Notre Dame was able to earn wins at the No. 2 doubles spot with Andrew Roth and Santiago Montoya squeaking past
The Broncos were able to pick up wins at the No. 2, No. 4, No. 5, and No. 6 positions to clinch the come-from-behind win. No. 55 Clancy Shields shocked No. 81 Parbhu in the No. 2 singles match, winning 6-0, 6-4.
Notre Dame was able to earn two singles victories, the first with No. 17 Helgeson defeating No. 59 Luke Shields in the No. 1 singles match, 6-4, 3-6, 6-2 and the second when Roth topped Bronco Brent Werbeck in the No. 3 spot, 6-4, 6-7, 7-5.
The Bronco victory was the third this season on a neutral court, bringing their neutral record to 3-3. Full tournament information, schedules, and scores can be found at www.bluegraytennis.com.
- #41 Luke Shields/Clancy Shields (BSU) def. Brett Helgeson/Sheeva Parbhu (ND), 8-3
- Andrew Roth/Santiago Montoya (ND) def. Paul Koenke/Eric Roberson (BSU), 9-7
- Stephen Havens/Tyler Davis (ND) def. Piotr Dilaj/Steve Robertson (BSU), 8-3
- #17 Helgeson (ND) def. #59 L. Shields (BSU), 6-4, 3-6, 6-2
- #55 C. Shields (BSU) def. #81 Parbhu (ND), 6-0, 6-4
- Roth (ND) def. Brent Werbeck (BSU), 6-4, 6-7, 7-5
- Robertson (BSU) def. Havens (ND), 2-6, 6-3, 6-2
- Koenke (BSU) def. Daniel Stahl (ND), 6-3, 5-7, 7-6
- Roberson (BSU) def. Davis (ND), 6-3, 6-4