Things started out tough for the Broncos, dropping all three doubles matches to the Aggies. Texas A&M’s Alexey Grigorov and Colin Hoover made quick work of
In singles play, the Aggies were the first to pick up a win with No. 22-ranked Spencer defeating No. 61-ranked Feeder, 6-3, 6-4, in the No. 2 match.
The Broncos were next to earn a team point with No. 70-ranked Meredith getting his team on the board with a 6-3, 7-5 win over No. 107-ranked Krajicek in the No. 3 match.
No. 24-ranked Pollock put the Aggies up 3-1 in the team running with a 6-4, 6-4 win over No. 26-ranked Clancy Shields in the No. 1 singles match. The Aggies were able to earn two more straight wins to clinch the team win with Grigorov earning their fourth team point with a 4-6, 7-5, 7-6 win over Cristian Hodel in the No. 4 match. In the No. 5 match, Lunt downed Sarapanich, 6-4, 3-6, 6-3 to give the Aggies their fifth and team point. In the No. 6 match, Kayvon Karimi sealed the 6-1 win for the Aggies with a 6-7, 6-0, 10-7 win over Blane Shields.
The Broncos will take a week off from competition before hosting BYU and
Tennis Match Results
Texas A&M vs
Mar 06, 2009 at
1. #24 Conor Pollock (TA&M) def. #26 Clancy Shields (BSU) 6-4, 6-4
2. #22 Wil Spencer (TA&M) def. #61 Kean Feeder (BSU) 6-3, 6-4
3. #70 James Meredith (BSU) def. #107
4. Alexey Grigorov (TA&M) def. Cristian Hodel (BSU) 4-6, 7-5, 7-6
5. Marcus Lunt (TA&M) def.
6. Kayvon Karimi (TA&M) def. Blane Shields (BSU) 6-7, 6-0, 10-7
1. #6 Austin Krajicek/Conor Pollock (TA&M) def. #54 Kean Feeder/James Meredith (BSU) 8-5
2. Alexey Grigorov/Colin Hoover (TA&M) def.
3. Marcus Lunt/Wil Spencer (TA&M) def. Blane Shields/Matt Solomon (BSU) 8-6
Texas A&M 4-4; National ranking #36
Order of finish: Doubles (2,1,3); Singles (2,3,1,4,5,6)