The Broncos clinched the doubles point by winning at the No. 1 and No. 2 spots. Kean Feeder and James Meredith were the first to pick up a win for the Broncos, defeating Martin Kildahl and Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan, 8-5, in the top doubles match. Stanley Sarapanich and Clancy Shields finished shortly after in the No. 2 match, clinching the doubles point after an 8-5 defeat over Derek Drabble and Patrik Fischer.
The Huskies were able to tie up the team score at 1-1, with David Chu defeating Blane Shields, 6-2, 6-0 in the No. 6 singles match. Nedunchezhiyan put the Huskies up by one point over
With the Huskies holding the team title advantage, the Broncos were able to dig deep and pick up crucial three-set wins at the No. 4 and No. 5 spots to clinch the team title.
No. 85-ranked Sarapanich was the first to finish, tying the team score at 3-3. The senior defeated Obenaus, 6-4, 1-6, 6-4 in the No. 5 match.
The Broncos continue their season on Sat., Feb. 21 when they head to the
Tennis Match Results
Feb 08, 2009 at
1. J. Nedunchezhiyan (UW) def. #22 Clancy Shields (BSU) 6-3, 6-4
2. #90 Kean Feeder (BSU) def. Patrik Fischer (UW) 7-6, 6-2
3. Martin Kildahl (UW) def. James Meredith (BSU) 6-4, 3-6, 6-1
4. Cristian Hodel (BSU) def. Derek Drabble (UW) 6-4, 2-6, 7-6
6. David Chu (UW) def. Blane Shields (BSU) 6-2, 6-0
1. Kean Feeder/James Meredith (BSU) def. Martin Kildahl/J. Nedunchezhiyan (UW) 8-5
3. Tobi Obenaus/Brad Bator (UW) def. Freddy Walsh/Blane Shields (BSU) 8-5
Washington 5-3; National ranking #39
Order of finish: Doubles (1,2,3); Singles (6,1,2,3,5,4)