STANFORD, Calif. - The Boise State men's tennis team (3-1) rebounded from its first loss of the season with a 7-0 sweep of No. 64 Saint Mary's, Saturday.
The Broncos jumped out to an early lead by notching a doubles point in the first two matches. The team of James Meredith and Nathan Sereke held court in the No. 1 spot, defeating Gavin Leon and Maxime Olivan 8-2. Fillip Pagostkin and Garrett Patton won by a score of 8-4 in the No. 3 match.
The Broncos would only need three more points to secure victory, which they received in their first three singles matches by Pogostkin, Patton and Meredith, respectively. Pogostkin defeated Seif El Sherbini 6-0, 6-3 while Patton ant Meredith each picked up 6-1, 6-4 victories.
Erik Sheldon and Andrew Bettles tacked on wins for the Broncos. Sheldon defeated Samuel Bloore in three sets and Bettles overcame illness to win 6-4, 6-4.
In total, the Broncos won 14 of 15 sets played.
Boise State men's tennis will be back in action next weekend when they host No. 26 Washington. The match will be held at the Boise Racquet and Swim Club at 5 p.m.
No. 48 Boise State 7, No. 64 Saint Mary's 0
1) Meredith/Sereke (BSU) d. Leon/Olivan (SMC) 8-2
2) Sears/Sheldon (BSU) vs. Hamdy/El Sherbini (SMC) DNF
3) Patton/Pogostkin (BSU) d. Norstrom/Steven Dawson-Roberts (SMC) 8-4
Order of Finish: 1, 3
1) No. 31 James Meredith (BSU) d. Maxime Olivan (SMC) 6-1, 6-4
2) Andrew Bettles (BSU) d. Joakim Norstrom (SMC) 6-4, 6-4
3) Scott Sears (BSU) d. Sherif Hamdy (SMC) 6-1, 6-3
4) Garrett Patton (BSU) d. Saad Benkirane (SMC) 6-1, 6-4
5) Filipp Pogostkin (BSU) d. Seif El Sherbini (SMC) 6-0, 6-3
6) Erik Sheldon (BSU) d. Samuel Bloore (SMC) 2-6, 6-2, 1-0 (4)
Order of Finish: 5, 4, 1, 3, 6, 2