James Meredith and Nathan Sereke paired to win the top doubles match 8-6, but the Broncos could not find a second team win, conceding the doubles point to Santa Clara. The Broncos were in unfamiliar territory as after being down a point early, as Boise State had not lost a single doubles match previously this season.
In singles action Scott Sears picked up his first win of the season at the No. 3 slot for Boise State, defeating Maxime Armengaurd in straight sets 7-5, 6-2. Sereke notched the other point for the Broncos, taking down Ilya Ostinev 7-5, 6-1 in the No. 5 match.
Sears and Sereke were the only two broncos to win a set, as Meredith, Andrew Bettles, Garrett Patton and Filipp Pogostkin each fell to their opponent in straight sets. The loss was the first of the season for both Meredith and Bettles, who are currently ranked third and 12th in the Mountain Region, respectively.
The Broncos will compete again Saturday against No. 64 Saint Mary's at 11 a.m. MT.
1. Meredith/Sereke (BSU) def. Osintsev/Lamble (SC), 8-6
2. Dandan/Pham (SC) def. Sears/Bettles (BSU), 8-3
3. Vinel/Armengaud (SC) def. Patton/Pogostkin (BSU), 8-5
1. Kyle Dandan (SC) def. James Meredith (BSU), 6-3, 6-4
2. John Lamble (SC) def. Andrew Bettles (BSU), 6-1, ret
3. Scott Sears (BSU) def. Maxime Armengaurd (SC), 7-5, 6-2
4. Nicolas Vinel (SC) def. Garrett Patton (BSU), 6-4, 6-0
5. Nathan Sereke (BSU) def. Ilya Ostinev (SC), 7-5, 6-1
6. Tom Pham (SC) def. Filipp Pogostkin (SC), 6-2, 6-1