Broncos Hold Off New Mexico to Continue A Perfect 5-0 Season
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico In nearly a repeat match from last weekend, the No. 22 ranked
“This was like watching the same movie that we watched last week just with different actors,” said head coach Gregg Patton. “This time the ending was even more exciting and made for a much better sequel.”
Switching advantage from last weeks match, the Broncos were able to seal the doubles point with a pair of wins from the No. 2 and No. 3 doubles teams. Joining together for an 8-5 win in the No. 2 doubles match, Steve Robertson and Clancy Shields topped UNM’s Chris and Johnny Parkes. BSU’s No. 3 doubles team, Blake Boswell and Eric Roberson defeated Graeme Kassautzki and Joe Wood, 8-6.
The Lobos were able to pick up the No. 1 doubles win with Max Jones and Kamil Pajkowski earning an 8-3 win over Piotr Dilaj and Luke Shields of BSU.
Earning the first win in singles play for the Broncos, No. 47 ranked Luke Shields helped to put the Broncos ahead 2-0 in team points by defeating Johnny Parkes in a quick 6-4, 6-0 match.
For the second time against the Lobos, the Broncos’ win came down to their No. 6 singles player to earn the 4-3 win. Dilaj put the Broncos up 3-0 when he defeated Pajkowski 6-3, 6-3 in the No. 5 singles match.
In an amazing comeback, the Lobos won the next three matches to come to an even 3-3 tie with the Broncos. Kassautzki was the first Lobo to earn a team point shutting down BSU’s Brent Werbeck 6-3, 6-2 in the No. 4 singles match. BSU’s No. 3 singles player, Steve Robertson dropped the Broncos’ second match of the night 6-3, 6-1 to Chris Parkes while No. 19 ranked Clancy Shields suffered a 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 loss to No. 35 ranked Max Jones.
Just as their prior meeting with
“It’s pretty gratifying to go and play at
The Broncos continue their schedule on the road this Sunday, January 27 when they take on No. 25 Texas A&M. The 1 p.m. match will be held at the
1. (#47) Luke Shields (BSU) def. Johnny Parkes (UNM), 6-4, 6-0
2. (#35) Max Jones (UNM) def. (#19) Clancy Shields (BSU), 4-6, 6-4, 6-3
3. Chris Parkes (UNM) def. Steve Robertson (BSU), 6-3, 6-1
4. Graeme Kassautzki (UNM) def. Brent Werbeck (BSU), 6-3, 6-2
5. Piotr Dilaj (BSU) def. Kamil Pajkowski (UNM), 6-3, 6-3
6. Eric Roberson (BSU) def. Joe Wood (UNM), 6-4, 4-6, 7-6 (7-4) tiebreak
1. Max Jones/Kamil Pajkowski (UNM) def. Piotr Dilaj/Luke Shields (BSU), 8-3
2. Steve Robertson/Clancy Shields (BSU) def. Chris Parkes/Johnny Parkes (UNM), 8-5
3. Blake Boswell/Eric Roberson (BSU) def. Graeme Kassautzki/Joe Wood (UNM), 8-6
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Staff Directory
- Bronco Sports Properties
- Media Relations
- Sports Medicine
- Blue Thunder Marching Band
- Spirit Squad
- Ticket Office
- Ticket Office Home
- 2017 Ticket Info
- My Account
- Buy Tickets
- Buy/Sell Tickets
- Accessibility/ADA Info
- Group Tickets
- Student Ticket Info
- Student Rewards Program
- Seating Charts
Boise State Ticket Office
1910 University Drive - MS 1230
Boise, ID 83725
Hours & Contact
Monday - Thursday | 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday | 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m
Phone: (208) 426-4737
Fax: (208) 426-2229
- FAN ZONE