Men's Tennis Unable to Upset No. 35 Santa Clara
BERKELEY, Calif. - The Boise State men's tennis team fell in its second match at the ITA Kick Off, Saturday, dropping its match against No. 35 Santa Clara, 4-1.
Thomas Tenreiro was once again the bright spot for the Broncos as the freshman earned each of the team's singles points over the weekend. He defeated Santa Clara's Eugene Muchynski, 6-1, 6-3, Saturday to move to 4-0 this season.
The Broncos battled for a close doubles point but came up just short. After the team of Garrett Patton/Scott Sears lost on court two, Andy Bettles/Nathan Sereke won 8-7 at the top position to level the matches at one apiece. The point was decided on court three where Toby Mitchell/Filipp Pogostkin came up just short in tiebreakers.
Santa Clara would clinch the match with wins at the No. 1, No. 3 and No. 4 spots, reaching the four-point barrier.
Boise State (2-2, 1-0 MW) will have another shot at Santa Clara next weekend when they face the Broncos Feb. 2 in Seattle.
No. 35 Santa Clara 4, No. 38 Boise State 1
Berkeley, Calif. - Jan. 26
1. Bettles/Sereke def. Lamble/Osintsev, 8-7 (4)
2. Kecki/Pham def. Patton/Sears, 8-2
3. Khacharyan/Muchyinske def. Mitchell/Pogostkin, 8-7(4)
Order of Finish: 2, 1, 3
1. No. 65 John Lamble def. No. 28 Andy Bettles, 6-3, 6-3
2. Ilya Osintsev vs. Nathan Sereke, DNF
3. Matt Kecki def. Scott Sears, 6-3, 6-3
4. Tom Pham def. Filipp Pogostkin, 6-1, 6-0
5. Ashot Khacharyan vs. Garrett Patton -DNF
6. Thomas Tenreiro def. Eugene Muchynski, 6-1, 6-3
Order of Finish: 4, 6, 3, 1
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Staff Directory
- Bronco Sports Properties
- Media Relations
- Sports Medicine
- Blue Thunder Marching Band
- Spirit Squad
- Ticket Office
- Ticket Office Home
- 2017 Ticket Info
- My Account
- Buy Tickets
- Buy/Sell Tickets
- Accessibility/ADA Info
- Group Tickets
- Student Ticket Info
- Student Rewards Program
- Seating Charts
Boise State Ticket Office
1910 University Drive - MS 1230
Boise, ID 83725
Hours & Contact
Monday - Thursday | 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday | 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m
Phone: (208) 426-4737
Fax: (208) 426-2229
- FAN ZONE